new policy-should I be worried?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lizjunk

Hammie the squirrel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to the ADA:
Important Announcement—DAT Testing Eligibility Policy Update NEW!

Effective January 2007, examinees who have attended three or more DAT exams must apply for special permission to take the test again. For test administration purposes, anyone who has been seated at a computer workstation at a Prometric Test Center and started the exam by electronically agreeing to the confidentiality statement will be deemed to have “attended” the exam. This policy is effective beginning January 2007 and includes any previous examination attempts. Requests for additional testing must be submitted in writing to the Department of Testing Services and must include evidence of current (within the previous 18 months) intent to apply to dental school. Acceptable forms of evidence may include: 1) a copy of a completed and submitted application to dental school, 2) a letter of rejection from a dental school, 3) a letter from a dental school admissions officer encouraging you to retest or reapply, or 4) a letter on school stationary from a college or university health profession advisor or instructor verifying that you are applying/reapplying to dental school.

I will be taking the DAT again (3rd time) in Dec. for next year but if they let me reschedule for a spring date I hope it will not be a problem.

Members don't see this ad.

To me it sounds like you will be ok. It will only affect you if you plan on taking the test a 4th time. So your first 3 times will be allowed then from 4 on you will have to get permission.