PharmDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Status
Well....I just shadowed a retail OD and was real impressed. I absolutely loved the experience and the OD was very friendly and excited about having me there. I have another appointment with an OD's run office specializing in ocular disease which sounds real cool. To tell you about myself a little I have been working in as a certified pharmacy tech now for 2 years at CVS and hate it for reasons you all are probally aware of. I was set on becoming a pharmacist out of highschool but after working in a retail pharmacy, I thought about other health professions. I then figured that what I was looking for was to diagnose and treat diseases. Naturally, I thought about MD/DO but after talking to various docs they all said they would be a PA/NP . I then got set on nursing and got in to Novas program just recently. Just had a eye exam and thought what about this? I absolutely love how it is a very low stress job, very satisfying, well paid, and in medical field. I use to always get Rx from Dr. that had O.D. after their name for various opthalmic soln. and use to always think they had no scrpit rights. Wow, that was a long post but I just wanted to say how excited I am about optometry. Its funny..but I had no clue just how much O.D.s learn in school. I think other medical professions just dont realize what the curriculum consists of. I read that there is 2 board exams plus liscensure req.

al-majhul

UCBSO c/o 2009
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2005
Berkeley
Status
Welcome aboard!! :) Glad to hear you're as excited about joining the profession as all of us on this forum are. :D Good luck in your optometric endeavors! ;)

PharmDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Status
thank you....hope to add to the pro-optometry side. I agree with some posts I have read regarding optometry as the hidden great profession in the medical community.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads