NEW PRINTOUT PROBLEM (AMCAS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

12R34Y

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent my application in in early July and I've been sooooooooo patient that i haven't checked it and been all paranoid about it since. Tonight I decide to browse over it and print it out again just to see if anything was done to it (scores added, date processed etc..).

I now realize that the printout replaced all of my apostrophes and quotation marks and any other symbol with a '?' mark. It looks horrible! I don't panic, I say to myself that it is only a printout problem and I'll look at it online and see how it is. IT's like that ON THE FREAKIN' WEB PAGE TTOOOOO!!!! I then go back to my disk that I saved my essays on and cut and pasted with to my application. This was not the way I cut and pasted and the way it was when I originally submitted! AMCAS says that the schools will see the way it is on the web page! Well, that one is wrong and it looks BAD!@!!

WHAT THE HELL AM I SUpposed to do NOW!!

guaranteed I won't get a response from AMCAS on this.

damned fools.

later

Members don't see this ad.

Hi-

Before I submitted I noticed some characters had been interchanged. Fortunately, they were not many and I managed to correct them manually. I suggest you contact the med schools directly on this, may be they will accept an e-mail/snail mail original of your essays. Best Wishes!

Dr.Perez

I just checked mine and mine is fine.
However, it still does NOT list my college education!!! haha...It says I went to high school but did not go to college. It's in the education section, it only lists my high school, no college is listed. It might be a glitch with the U.C. system or something b/c I posted this a day ago and no one had the same problem except for others from UC Berkeley.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scoobydoo, :D

u seem awfully calm about the whole situation.......I want to scream like hell :mad:

there...I feel much better now

Yep...
It doesn't matter anymore. I don't care...things will work out...they always do...so I am not too worried. I am getting secondaries...but I am not starting them...you know why? cuz I don't give a flying F-U-*-K...Basically, none of the schools are going to do anything until they get AMCAS stuff...it doesn't matter..I am sick of worrying about it...I already had my sleepless nights filling out the application...I wanted a month off to go on a vacation..but they screwed up my plans already..so oh well...When things get going...i will get going...Alas, I am only a high school graduate according to AMCAS. So I don't have a chance anyways. :p

gosh scoobydoo that was so funny and so frekin true....

:p :rolleyes:

you get the feeling that maybe we should have gone to dentistry or law?

Ha,ha,ha!!
You guys crack me up! I should adopt your philosophies!

:)