New rating system on SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GBFKicks

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone see the plusses and smiley angel on posts? I saw it for a couple of minutes then it disappeared...

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah...I saw it. I too wondered what it was all about.

I kinda thought it looked like religious symbols of some sort. I thought maybe SDN was creating a religion for all of its faithful followers. :eek:

they're still there. one of them is for super/moderators.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah... We'll be implementing some more of those little images with time. Currently, there's those pluses to indicate moderator (mod) and supermoderator (smod). In case you didn't know, moderators have power over one forum, while supermoderators have power over all forums. Also, supermods can ban users and have some other powers.

Supermoderator Neuronix out (to explain my plus).

Neuronix said:
Yeah... We'll be implementing some more of those little images with time. Currently, there's those pluses to indicate moderator (mod) and supermoderator (smod). In case you didn't know, moderators have power over one forum, while supermoderators have power over all forums. Also, supermods can ban users and have some other powers.

I saw three plusses and a smiley face with a halo (angel smiley face)... what does the angel mean? Also, what other "powers" do you guys have?

Neuronix said:

So essentially you're saying not to mess with you...

GBFKicks said:
I saw three plusses and a smiley face with a halo (angel smiley face)... what does the angel mean? Also, what other "powers" do you guys have?

from what i can figure, the angel is a "contributor" thing. a donation. like that big list of names you'll see somewhere during your med school career of people who have given $$$ to your school.

GBFKicks said:

I don't think Lee minds me spilling the beans since some of the users already have the angel. It means the following:

"2 = Donor (for those who donate $20/year, get AD-free forums, additional PM-box size, larger avatar, ability to post photo of themselves in user description, and increased upload sizes)."

As for what other powers I have, I can also fly. You get that when you're a supermod you know. I think I've banned a whole one user in my year plus of being a mod. I'd say I'm fairly harmless...

Neuronix said:
I don't think Lee minds me spilling the beans since some of the users already have the angel. It means the following:

"2 = Donor (for those who donate $20/year, get AD-free forums, additional PM-box size, larger avatar, ability to post photo of themselves in user description, and increased upload sizes)."

As for what other powers I have, I can also fly. You get that when you're a supermod you know. I think I've banned a whole one user in my year plus of being a mod. I'd say I'm fairly harmless...

I wasn't trying to flame you.... I don't know much about what you guys can do besides close threads and move them...

GBFKicks said:
I wasn't trying to flame you.... I don't know much about what you guys can do besides close threads and move them...

No no, I know you weren't trying to flame me. The thing is, my other powers aren't really that useful. That and once and awhile I discover some power I didn't think I had, or some power I wished I had. The new version of the forums changed some things around on me...

OK, it said the larger avatar size is 100x150 (or was is 150x100?)... anyway, that's only part of the info.... More importantly, what's the file size limitation? ;)

Newquagmire said:
Oh really? Me too.

What's this thing I have?

That's an "all access pass". It means you have access to The Lounge and Everyone forums, as we will be restricting access to them in certain, as yet undefined, ways in order to allow more freedom to talk about sensitive topics. The people who have the passes are likely the types who already post there, so they aren't going to be restricted out.

As for the file size limitation, I honestly don't know what that means. Maybe it's talking about limits on thread attachments?

Neuronix said:
That's an "all access pass". It means you have access to The Lounge and Everyone forums, as we will be restricting access to them in certain, as yet undefined, ways in order to allow more freedom to talk about sensitive topics. The people who have the passes are likely the types who already post there, so they aren't going to be restricted out.

Thanks for that. Don't smite me for saying the "all access pass" looks incredibly tacky. Huzzah for the "Integrated Icon Free SDN Style."