Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://vtdigger.org/2011/05/30/corp...ushing-out-independent-pharmacies-in-vermont/
Not trying to start a fire-storm of anger and bickering but I stumbled upon this article via my Twitter account with @EricRPh and figured I'd share here.
Basically, here is the first paragraph quoted directly from the article:
"Another Vermont independent drug store will bite the dust next month. The Barton Pharmacy has been sold to Kinney Drugs, which will operate it as a remote pharmacy. No actual pharmacist will be on site. Instead, a pharmaceutical technician will fill prescriptions via a computer link with a pharmacist. And if the customer wants to talk directly to the pharmacist?
There will be an 800 number."
You can read the entire piece for yourself. It is what it is. I hate "doom and gloomers" but this "remote pharmacy" business model is scary. I just hope and pray that this kind of business model will meet heavy backlash from not only consumers/patients but our professional pharmacist lobbying organizations. Regardless, I don't like where this is going.
Not trying to start a fire-storm of anger and bickering but I stumbled upon this article via my Twitter account with @EricRPh and figured I'd share here.
Basically, here is the first paragraph quoted directly from the article:
"Another Vermont independent drug store will bite the dust next month. The Barton Pharmacy has been sold to Kinney Drugs, which will operate it as a remote pharmacy. No actual pharmacist will be on site. Instead, a pharmaceutical technician will fill prescriptions via a computer link with a pharmacist. And if the customer wants to talk directly to the pharmacist?
There will be an 800 number."
You can read the entire piece for yourself. It is what it is. I hate "doom and gloomers" but this "remote pharmacy" business model is scary. I just hope and pray that this kind of business model will meet heavy backlash from not only consumers/patients but our professional pharmacist lobbying organizations. Regardless, I don't like where this is going.