Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

new schools openings

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by 8ball2g, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8ball2g

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi Guys
    Do anyone know of any new schools opening within the next 2-3 years(pharmd)???

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice No sacrifice - No victory
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    Welcome to the forum 8ball - please utilize the search function in this thread - several new schools will be opening for Fall of 2008. For more information - you can also look at the prepharmacy FAQ stickied at the top of the forum.

~above~

4. 8ball2g

Pre-Pharmacy
    thank you very much (i'm new to this)

5. TheHillCrew

Pre-Pharmacy
  6. Caverject

Caverject Try Some Schnitzel!

study a little harder instead of cutting corners and figuring out which school will be the easiest to get into....

7. GRslp

GRslp New Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey caverject...go back and re-read 8 ball's post. The original post was only asking about new Pharmacy schools for next year. He didn't mention anything about wanting to know what schools were easy to get into or cutting any corners. How did you get that out of the post? That's not how I interpreted it.

Are you saying you think new pharmacy schools are easier to get into and that anybody who does that is cutting corners? Curious as to your thought process.

8. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 imagine sisyphus happy
    Pharmacist

Pharmacist
    New pharmacy schools are easier to get into. They aren't fully accredited and it frequently scares off the folks with the best credentials that just as well get into established schools.

9. Caverject

I concur with WVU's post.

10. cystapharm

Pre-Pharmacy
    not all new schools are easy. for example Touro in Cali is new but far from easy. They receive like 2000 applications and someone who was accepted therre told me they won't look at your app if none of your GPA is 3.20 or higher. I've applied to some new schools but didn't even get an invitation even though my GPA is higher than the minimum of 2.5 (mine is 3.08)

11. Caverject

Don't believe everything you hear....sounds like your friend maybe a little biased...

12. Jack555

Maybe you should spend a little more time studying (or doing something else relevant) than telling others what to do on internet forums :thumbup:

13. Caverject

wow...easily the most hypocritical post on these forums in a while! :thumbup:

14. ForcedEntry

ForcedEntry Lilo got stitched

Pharmacy Student
    popcorn anyone?

15. twester

twester Senior Member

Pharmacist
    nah, hand me the remote instead, please

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice No sacrifice - No victory
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    Thats right - in this forum we dont mind pointless banter - but you will use "please" and "thank you" when asking for the remote...

~above~

18. Caverject

how about, "git me da damn reemote bitch!"

19. Jack555

the irony!

20. TheHillCrew

Pre-Pharmacy
    The people that disrespect others instead of answering a question have really got issues. Get a life, either answer the question or move along, stop trying to stir up negativity. I would bet that these people are really lonely and probably quiet in the real world and this is their forum for venting. Get life.

21. ScreenNameX

Pharmacy Student

I completely agree with TheHillCrew. The original poster just wanted some info, not to be scrutinized.

Caverject
    : You need to get a life instead of flaming people on these forums that have honest questions. It's obvious by the number of posts you have that you need to get out more.

22. Caverject

wow...yet another thread hijack telling me what I need to do with my life...from a noob no less that signed up only a month ago! :sleep:

Perhaps you should speak for yourself first of all and not speak for the OP and maybe while you're at it try answering the question since you want to make things right...secondly SDN is not a feel good website open to only people that promise to post positive reassuring messages. If y'all can't take the heat now, you really need to leave pharmacy before you really get in over your head. Just wait if you got the guts to stick it out and make it to pharmacy school what real criticism is

23. Caverject

You say stop stirring up negativity but yet you hypocritically "stir up negativity" by suggesting your preceived view of negative posters are really lonely and quiet in the real world and in need of a life. Are you really lonely and quiet in the real world? Perhaps you should follow your own advice by either answering the question or move along.

Speaking of which, it sure would be one hell of an SDN if threads were only of answering questions without offering any opinions. Threads wouldn't be any longer than 2 replies! Y'all need to stop acting like babies...

24. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Pharmacist
    Please keep it civil. :)

25. ScreenNameX

Pharmacy Student
    -->I am in pharmacy school and I'm doing fine.

26. Caverject

sort of funny that 3 out of your 5 posts, you've cried about something. Not only that you also made wild accusations about people you've never even met/responded to.

So I'm curious...what exactly makes you think I live on this website and have nothing better to do? Because I make unpopular posts and get people's panties in a wad every so often or is it because you take a look at my post count and see close to 6,000 posts and automatically assume I must spend all day on this stupid thing. If it's the later, go revisit pharmacy calculations since you claim to be in pharmacy school and figure out how many posts a day it takes to have that many posts. The answer might surprise you...

27. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Pharmacist
    Closing, as we don't appear to be getting back on track.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.