• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

i beleive

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2004
canada
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by meggs
List of US Advanced Dental Education Programs

U.S. Programs

Using the drop-down menus, you can search for an accredited advanced specialty education or postdoctoral general dentistry education programs in the United States by state and/or discipline.

hi can u please tell me if i am true that all the foreign trained dentists who join the dental schools of usa join the advanced dental progs.
thatnks

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
www.gingermeggs.com
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by deepawadhawan
hi can u please tell me if i am true that all the foreign trained dentists who join the dental schools of usa join the advanced dental progs.
thatnks

Answer:

Hi Health,

First of all, welcome. Second, maybe you should post the same messagge of yours in a new thread off this one, because we're not supossed to hold a conversation on this thread. Post your messagge on a new thread, and I'm sure people will come up with plenty of advice for you. Thank you.

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
www.gingermeggs.com
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by deepawadhawan
thatnks

Now I can answer you. ;)

Sadly the answer is, I don't know!. Certanly most will NOT want to go back to school again, but there isn't always that possibility.
:(

Some explore other options and pathways like bench tests (CA and Minnesota), specialty programs, residency programs, etc.

About the Ads

toothlord

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2003
Status (Visible)
Now I can answer you. ;)

Sadly the answer is, I don't know!. Certanly most will NOT want to go back to school again, but there isn't always that possibility.
:(

Some explore other options and pathways like bench tests (CA and Minnesota), specialty programs, residency programs, etc.
by the way meggs,i noticed that you have a good experience thats why iam wondering ,just wondering why dident you appear for the minnesota board bench exam?

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
www.gingermeggs.com
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by toothlord
by the way meggs,i noticed that you have a good experience thats why iam wondering ,just wondering why dident you appear for the minnesota board bench exam?

They don't openly say this, but chances are that I'm too young and unexperienced to make it trough their cut offs.

They clearly prefer applicants with plenty of experience and with post-graduate programs from their countries. None of which I have.

They're not like CA, in Minnesota they examine your application and make decisions based on a case by case basis.

toothlord

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2003
Status (Visible)
meggs come on,you have been misinformed here,a friend of mine who is struggling to get there told me that they want 2 years of experience and i know someone who is 28 and has been in the us for 2 years so that means he doesent have more than three years of work experience who got the license and he is practicing there but unfortunately i dont have any contact with him right now to ask him about that but if have the experience i would definitely do my best to get minnesota license which is better than going through school again,check them out buddy.

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
www.gingermeggs.com
Status (Visible)
Thanks toothlord, but I'm too late now. And I contacted the very same Minnesota board of dentistry. And did some homework trying to find people with experience in this. Apparently no one had any positive experience to share until now. Anyway, I was never too keen on freezing my butt 365 days a year.

toothlord

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2003
Status (Visible)
Thanks toothlord, but I'm too late now. And I contacted the very same Minnesota board of dentistry. And did some homework trying to find people with experience in this. Apparently no one had any positive experience to share until now. Anyway, I was never too keen on freezing my butt 365 days a year.
:laugh: :laugh:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.