New to private loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nc2tarheels

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm at the max for my university (undergrad) and I was wanting to get some extra money. I've filled out the FAFSA and got unsub and subsidized, however, this year came with additional expenses. Do I just go to a private lender?
 
Not an option. It's only a 5k dollar loan I'm looking to get and it'll be paid off in 3 months while I'm still in school
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a mortgage. House looks as if it will be sold in a couple months. That'll leave me 25-30k in money to help pay a loan of only 5k. I'm just looking to get enough money to help cover my mortgage for another 1-3 months.

BTW, don't mention it may not sell. I'm 99% sure that it will.
 
then you would be better off taking an home equity loan.

if you're so sure, then a bank should agree. simple as that, then the money would come out of the equity and the cost would be lower.