New to the forum...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bromination

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all...I am new to the forum. I would love some feedback from everyone if you want to take a look at my MDApps profile....Anything I could work on?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all...I am new to the forum. I would love some feedback from everyone if you want to take a look at my MDApps profile....Anything I could work on?

Your list needs some pruning...Univ of Colorado, for instance...why all the Texas schools? Very limited OOS acceptances there, same for the UC schools you have listed...does the Univ of Kansas have a reciprocal agreement with your state?...same question about Arkansas, Louisville, and Kentucky?...was Creighton on your list?...if not, why not?

Your mcat could use some work

Members don't see this ad :)
your mcat score of 0 sucks :p:D

I would leave Jason Grimsley off my application if I were you.

Good God don't waste so much money applying to all those OOS schools!

Seriously -- get rid of Colorado, TX, and CA schools ASAP. They *rarely* (if ever) accept out-of-state people. Same goes for a lot of the other ones, but CO, TX, and CA are notorious for that.

Without an MCAT it´s hard to comment. You have several OOS and some very highly ranked schools considering you have a 3.6. Do you have a very high MCAT?

I'd invest in an MSAR and re-evaluate the schools that you're considering.

[pj];6457587 said:
I'd invest in an MSAR and re-evaluate the schools that you're considering.

I second that; you have a lot of really good expeirences so the next big hurdle for you will be the MCAT. But in conjunction with that, I would think about how all those experiences have influenced the kind of medicine that you might want to practice. Do you want to be in a rural or urban setting? Research or clinical work? Big or small university? I think there's a lot to think about and having a MSAR may help you come up with a better list that is tailored to what you are looking for in a med school.