New to this...advice appreciated.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

persistance

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just registered after reading online on this network for awhile. It seems to be very helpful and motivating. As would everyone else, I am trying my darndest to get into medical school. I feel as though I haven't done the right things in the past four years and that's a hard reality to face. I applied for schools this year and I haven't heard anything positive. I would like to apply for some masters/post-bacc programs and am completely lost as to how to find the right school for me. I was thinking of applying to Georgetown, but didn't realize how rigid the standards were...with an undergraduate GPA of 2.6, MCAT score of 28 and four years of academic research (as a research assistant), does anybody have any advice to which programs would accept me?

Thanks a lot. In a big world where sometimes it's hard to figure out what to do by myself, it helps to know there are people out there trying to accomplish the same dream.

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome,

start here: http://services.aamc.org/postbac/
This is from the FAQ section of the post-bacc forum. Read through if you have other questions.

If you have questions regarding specific schools, etc. This is the place to be. My advice is do most of the research yourself and when you have specific questions, ask here. Otherwise, if your questions are too general, you end up with many opinions that often leave you more confused than when you started.

Good luck

persistance said:
Hello Everyone,

Just registered after reading online on this network for awhile. It seems to be very helpful and motivating. As would everyone else, I am trying my darndest to get into medical school. I feel as though I haven't done the right things in the past four years and that's a hard reality to face. I applied for schools this year and I haven't heard anything positive. I would like to apply for some masters/post-bacc programs and am completely lost as to how to find the right school for me. I was thinking of applying to Georgetown, but didn't realize how rigid the standards were...with an undergraduate GPA of 2.6, MCAT score of 28 and four years of academic research (as a research assistant), does anybody have any advice to which programs would accept me?

Thanks a lot. In a big world where sometimes it's hard to figure out what to do by myself, it helps to know there are people out there trying to accomplish the same dream.