New Uses for a Short White Coat...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
cytoborg said:
My path residents were awesome. They let me pretty much decide how involved I wanted to be, and then were up for teaching and showing me whatever I wanted to know. :thumbup:
yeah...the path rotation was the one rotation that really stood out as being a really cool rotation out of all of my M3/M4 rotations. and the attendings were all nice to me 'n ****. totally warped me sense of reality.

Members don't see this ad.

cytoborg said:
My path residents were awesome. They let me pretty much decide how involved I wanted to be, and then were up for teaching and showing me whatever I wanted to know. :thumbup:
Me, too. My surg path rotation was awesome - I got lucky and had a great senior resident. It was a terrific month - they let me do what I wanted and were really willing to teach. But, I ran into a guy last month who is not going into path and did basically nothing during his rotation. That's the way it should be.

geddy said:
In my experience, it's not that people don't remember what it was like when they were there. They usually just don't care. I think that people's true colors generally tend to show through in 2 kinds of situations: 1) when they are given some degree of power 2) when they have diminished accountability. Even under pressure, kind and well-meaning people will show themselves as such, and so will jerks.
good point geddy.

i would like to add that people's true colors really shine through especially when extremely tired and fatigued. then all the defenses, walls, and facades they put up all disappear leaving them naked, vulnerable, and exposed for what they truly are.

Members don't see this ad :)
geez, im a 4th year going into rads, thought i'd do a path elective b/c i like diagnostics but also b/c thought it would be lite in terms of hours. but not happy that my days have been going to 5pm everyday. everyone's nice to me and its pretty interesting, but come on...let a senior enjoy his senioritis! :mad:

scootad. said:
geez, im a 4th year going into rads, thought i'd do a path elective b/c i like diagnostics but also b/c thought it would be lite in terms of hours. but not happy that my days have been going to 5pm everyday. everyone's nice to me and its pretty interesting, but come on...let a senior enjoy his senioritis! :mad:

what are they making you do, man? Are you signing out with a new attending or something?

scootad. said:
dude, just say, "look i'm going into rads. screw you guys, i'm going home." if this phrase is not in your arsenal of retorts, you can't claim to have senioritis. :laugh:

scootad. said:

Yeah, when I did my path months it wasn't as bad as surgery, but it wasn't easy either. I did hemepath when I was 8 months pregnant and utterly exhausted, and they kept me til 6pm most days. Then I did some dermpath and had to come in at 6am to sign out with the fellow. :rolleyes: