New year resolution 2017 !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental31

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone..

I have been trying to pass the NBDE part 1 since 2010 . Failed 4 times !! I didn't give up though . I have faith that i can still do it at the age of 35 with kids . Unfortunately i have 1 trial left for this exam, failing again is not an option for me .. I am planning to take the exam on May 2017 . I will be very grateful if someone can help me which subjects to start ? where to study from ?? Time limit for every subject?

I have Dental Decks 2012-2013 edition and Third Edition First Aid and ASDA questions old exams .

I will appreciate any good advice that would put me on the right track !!

Thank you All

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Same here... part 1 five times, part 2 twice.. i guess I wasn't studying properly...I did both boards 2 months each.. dental board mastery app. ASDA PAPERS ( the last 4 )... and a bunch of released questions from ppl that pass them around.. at least 16 hours on weekends and 3 to 4 Monday to Friday .. forget a bout everything and everyone.. no going out, no tv... I work from 8 to 5 then gym for an hour or so, get home around 7pm, eat dinner, if too tired, 1 hour power nap with alarm, get up around 8 or 8:30 and study up to mid night..then start over same thing Monday to Friday.. Saturday I was at 9:00 at the público library until close (5pm), same Sunday.. from opening until close.. I took some sandwiches and snack. What ever else free time I had, I used to to do laundry and cleaning of my place. And if I still had some time, more studying.. I did this every day for a month and a half, and finally I passed

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
After all that trouble, my Toefl score was not very high, when I tried to apply, in two interviews they didn't like the fact that I took so many times the board..
I suggest to score good on Toefl and make sure you pass part 2 in one shot...
Also apply to private schools especially if you apply to postgraduate programs ( more expensive but higher chances to get called for an interview)

Don't give up.. it is doable.

Reactions: 1 users