New Years Resolutions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peter Pan.

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
What are your New Years resolutions?

Members don't see this ad.

To not check sdn so frequently (I'm a chronic creeper on this site, i read a lot and rarely post haha).

Reactions: 9 users
Mine is to stick to a sleep schedule/practice better sleep hygiene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Stick to a good routine. I’m bad at it but I need to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
1. Get accepted into med school.
2. bench 3 plates.

Reactions: 7 users
Improve my work ethic. Does anyone have an effective tricks on overcoming a bad work ethic?
Not a quick fix and might sound cliche, but work ethic really kicks in when you are passionate about what you're doing and have achievable goals. Accomplishing one or two milestones/projects you're really proud of helps to keep the wheels turning. I start to fade if I don't have a positive moment or achievement I can use to measure my effort, reflect back on, and motivate me further. Otherwise it's dragging yourself on for the sake of dragging yourself on.

Eat the 100 Uber eats chicken nuggets I just got. I’m a man on a mission.

Reactions: 6 users
I don't have any. If something is really important to me I don't wait until New Years to make a change.

Man its going to suck in the gym from today until the 15th or so...

Members don't see this ad :)
Go through all the DuoLingo modules + Coffee Break Espanol. Hopefully move to a Spanish speaking country for a few months and really build a foundation for Spanish skills that I can improve on :)

1. Lose 10 lbs. Non overweight BF percent, but I can't safely lift rn bc of an injury so I might as well lose weight
2. Learn medical Spanish
3. Do all the (cheap) things I always wanted to do on a gap year wage
4. Enjoy the hell out of the OOS interviews and second looks coming up my scholarship covers
And
5. Meditate and generally improve myself as an individual. I heard med school has a habit of amplifying ones strengths and weaknesses so it's not a bad idea to maximize what growth I can get lol with this free time

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Improve my work ethic. Does anyone have an effective tricks on overcoming a bad work ethic?
Meditate, cut out booze except for special occasions, eat a clean diet and exercise 3 to 5 times per week. Most of these are simple... maybe challenging but they don't mandate psychological tricks

Reactions: 1 user
Get on a consistent workout routine and stick with it

To not be tricked into another barbarically dysfunctional family arrangement for the holidays. But if I do go back, getting modified Avasys units that go "no fighting" which then proceed to robotically wheel themselves in between family members to prevent fighting from occurring.

1. Save money. This app cycle has killed my bank account.
  2. Do more yoga, journaling, and meditation. Keep up with my work-out schedule.
  3. Watch more movies. Didn't get to watch all the movies I wanted to this year :(:(:(

There is more and more research showing the importance of meditation of meditation and sleep habits. There is also research about the importance of sunlight for setting your circadian rhythm and regulating neuro-transmitters. Jack Kruse, M.D. is big on this.

There is more and more research showing the importance of meditation of meditation and sleep habits. There is also research about the importance of sunlight for setting your circadian rhythm and regulating neuro-transmitters. Jack Kruse, M.D. is big on this.

Strong first post ever

Not be a snowflake so I can survive medical school. Or life in general.