New Year's Resolutions???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovedocta07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey wanted to knoe what your new year resolutions are gonna be?
mine will def be work harder on my classes, work out more, keep in touch with family.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think I'm going to make any resolutions because I never keep them anyhow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Exercise more and keep in touch with people better.

get better grades! and live a healthier lifestyle

get into medical school! but i'm not sure how much control i have over that at this point

keep the wt off from last year's new years resolution (and maybe start weightlifting, but I don't wanna jinx myself)

To be a nicer person.... I have a short fuse...
And to start exercising again... I completely stopped since winter break started...
Also to enjoy life more... and be a happier more thankful person in general...

I need to focus more on what I have rather than on what I do not (metaphorically not materially).
-Roy

Less time on SDN. Like all my New Year's resolutions in the past, it is bound to fail.

Drink more beer.

1. To dress nicer more often. I think if I spend 10 more minutes picking out clothes and combing my hair, I will feel a lot better throughout the day. No more wearing leggings under baggy pants w/ my hair in a bun!

2. To stop worrying about money. Both of my younger siblings dropped out of college, dont have jobs, live with my parents, but eat out almost every meal & shop all the time. I'm constantly stressed over money, how much it costs to eat out, how much gas costs, how much my textbooks cost. I'm going to take a page out of my siblings' books and try not to worry so much. Whats $7 for a meal when I'm going to be $60,000 in debt next year??

Members don't see this ad :)
1. To dress nicer more often. I think if I spend 10 more minutes picking out clothes and combing my hair, I will feel a lot better throughout the day. No more wearing leggings under baggy pants w/ my hair in a bun!

2. To stop worrying about money. Both of my younger siblings dropped out of college, dont have jobs, live with my parents, but eat out almost every meal & shop all the time. I'm constantly stressed over money, how much it costs to eat out, how much gas costs, how much my textbooks cost. I'm going to take a page out of my siblings' books and try not to worry so much. Whats $7 for a meal when I'm going to be $60,000 in debt next year??

Enough to keep me from being able to pay rent this year. ;)

1. Score 45L on MCAT
2. Maintain a blog past 2 days
3. Get into medical school
4. Drop from 350 pounds down to 150 pounds
5. Revive Phoenix Lander

1. Score 45L on MCAT
2. Maintain a blog past 2 days
3. Get into medical school
4. Drop from 350 pounds down to 150 pounds
5. Revive Phoenix Lander

Why L? You speak english, you can aim higher than that!

Why L? You speak english, you can aim higher than that!

I plan on napping during that section then writing a little blurb with a dreamy "I just woke up" style or as the pros like to call it "stream of consciousness."

I don't really need to improve anything, nor want to, so I have no new years resolution this year.

^^haha, nice
1. eat healthier, go to the gym a lot more often
2. make more $$ than last semester, go out more often
3. get all As with minimal amount of stress
4. more sleep, less procrastination
5. visit more friends more often/ keep in touch w/ hs/non college friends

Get through as much of my Netflix queue as possible before I start medical school. It's a long list, so it's going to take some serious dedication.

Yes, that is my actual resolution.

Less speeding tickets

2 in one year isn't the way to go:thumbdown:laugh:

And to start exercising again... I completely stopped since winter break started...

Amen to every single one of those!

1) - Tried and it made situations worse this year

2) - Kept that up and it's the only thing I've done this year I'm proud of keeping from 2007

3) - Too cynical. I'd rather criticize and lambast people for their optimistic appraisal of situations.:laugh:

But that's not to say I won't try those:smuggrin:

Keep my new year resolution for a year

1. Stay healthy

2. Ace the MCAT.

3. Finally make $1k per business day.

Do everything I need to do to get into a top post-bacc program!

get my shi t together.
pay off some outstanding debts.
get together with the boytoy for my birthday.

ite hope we keep these resolutions, once again Happy New Year SDN!!!

Once again the Earth has completed a revolution around the sun...Happy New Year to all :)