New York and Rear foot and ankle reconstruction???

Started by stinkyfeet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stinkyfeet

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have heard that in New York state, Podiatrists are not allowed to do "rear foot and ankle reconstruction." Does anyone know if you could be board certified for "rear foot and ankle reconstruction" if you do a residency in New York? I am looking into residency programs in New York, however I want to make sure I can sit for the boards that allows "rear foot and ankle reconstruction." Thank you in advance for your response! 🙂
 
I am a resident in NYC. Yes, we can do rearfoot reconstruction. In fact, at my program i am confident to say, that we do more than any other NYC program. I would even say that we do more than most NJ programs as well. Come and visit, and see for yourself.

The laws do not affect your training. It's there if you want it.
 
Footfxr said:
I am a resident in NYC. Yes, we can do rearfoot reconstruction. In fact, at my program i am confident to say, that we do more than any other NYC program. I would even say that we do more than most NJ programs as well. Come and visit, and see for yourself.

The laws do not affect your training. It's there if you want it.

Thank you for your reply! I talked to another person and they said the same thing. Thanks again!