New York City Path residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trenchcoat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently an MS3 and will certainly be applying to AP/CP programs all over the country but I'm a life-long New Yorker and I'd like to stay in the city for my residency. Can anyone in a New York City path residency comment on their program? Did you interview in programs here and have an opinion on them? Please share those experiences here.

Specifically, I'd like to read about the programs at Columbia, NYU, Mt. Sinai, Cornell, Einstein, Downstate, and Beth Israel.

I'm also planning to go on to a forensic fellowship afterwards so any information that could help me get to this track would be appreciated as well. Thanks to all of you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Try the search engine, NYC path programs have been discussed quite a lot. In terms of forensics I'm not sure there would be a preference - the main NYC medical examiner I don't think is affiliated with any of the specific residency programs, but you could do electives.

NYOCME is "officially" affiliated with NYU, and located right next to Tisch on 1st Ave. However, as per your general question, there's quite a big difference between the different programs. Best to search the forum, or better yet, contact some current Residents, as things can and will change over time...

Best of luck