New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

Started by DOthreads
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
received an interview invite yesterday, was complete on 10/26
stats: 3.7 GPA, 28 Mcat , IS
schedule interview: Feb 3rd afternoon interviews
 
Is anyone here considering Touro-NY vs NYCOM? Can you please share your insights on which school and why?
 
Is anyone here considering Touro-NY vs NYCOM? Can you please share your insights on which school and why?

Last year I was choosing between NYIT and Touro. I ended up going to NYIT because of their non mandatory lectures and because of them having rotation spots in NYC
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone here considering Touro-NY vs NYCOM? Can you please share your insights on which school and why?

Last year I was choosing between NYIT and Touro. I ended up going to NYIT because of their non mandatory lectures and because of them having rotation spots in NYC

If I ever get an interview and if I'm lucky enough to get accepted to NYCOM, I'll likely give up my spot at Touro for the same. I'm indifferent about the mandatory lectures at Touro, but its nice to have the option to miss without losing the points from the clicker quiz. You won't actually be in NYC though (at least for MS1/MS2), which could be a downside depending what you consider a pro for Touro.
 
Hey guys,

IS applicant with 28 MCAT (11 VR, 10 BS, 7 PS) 3.5 GPA. I'm pretty sure my application was complete 9/30, but I haven't heard anything about a II yet. Starting to lose some hope 🙁
 
Hey guys,

IS applicant with 28 MCAT (11 VR, 10 BS, 7 PS) 3.5 GPA. I'm pretty sure my application was complete 9/30, but I haven't heard anything about a II yet. Starting to lose some hope 🙁
i know it sucks waiting but silence is better than flat out rejection. have patience, send an update letter if you want.
ive been complete since 8/18 with 30 MCAT and 3.6 GPA although im OOS, so youre not the only one
 
i know it sucks waiting but silence is better than flat out rejection. have patience, send an update letter if you want.
ive been complete since 8/18 with 30 MCAT and 3.6 GPA although im OOS, so youre not the only one

Do they give out flat-out rejections this early?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Can you share your stats if you don't mind?? how do you know your complete date if they aren't giving out complete emails?
Thanks! 28 MCAT/3.85 cumulative GPA/3.8 science GPA
The complete date is an estimate based off of when I was complete at other schools. I had to send out a set of documents to be considered complete at a few schools (NYIT included). So when the other schools told me the documents had been received I figured that was around the time I was complete at NYIT as well.
 
I finished my app to this school a while ago im OOS but i havent heard anything (no "app complete" email or anything) anyone else run into this problem? I emailed their admissions and didnt hear anything either so im kinda nervous...
 
I finished my app to this school a while ago im OOS but i havent heard anything (no "app complete" email or anything) anyone else run into this problem? I emailed their admissions and didnt hear anything either so im kinda nervous...

Same situation (me: OOS, complete forever ago, decent stats, no II). I emailed them, and they took a few days to reply. All I got, however, was the generic "your file is under review, you could be invited for interview at any point." I suppose all we can do is wait. Good luck to you though.
 
I finished my app to this school a while ago im OOS but i havent heard anything (no "app complete" email or anything) anyone else run into this problem? I emailed their admissions and didnt hear anything either so im kinda nervous...

They don't email you a completion note. I would call them and ask if they've received everything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same situation (me: OOS, complete forever ago, decent stats, no II). I emailed them, and they took a few days to reply. All I got, however, was the generic "your file is under review, you could be invited for interview at any point." I suppose all we can do is wait. Good luck to you though.
thanks man you too. maybe ill call em monday or something
 
Can you please elaborate more ? I know nothing about medical school IVs . This is my only IV ?
What question was asked ??
Many thanks
 
Can you please elaborate more ? I know nothing about medical school IVs . This is my only IV ?
What question was asked ??
Many thanks
Why do you want to be a DO? Why do you choose NYIT? Do you have any shadowing experiences with DO?
Some other questions like these...
 
Any idea how frequently interview invites come out? When were the last ones sent out? Need to stop obsessively checking my email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who interviewed on November 19th or earlier receive a decision yet? I have deposits for other schools due in 10 days, and I'm not trying to shell out for multiple deposits.
 
Anyone who interviewed on November 19th or earlier receive a decision yet? I have deposits for other schools due in 10 days, and I'm not trying to shell out for multiple deposits.
I interviewed on Nov 12th and still have not received a decison. Maybe by next week?
 
I interviewed on Nov 12th and still have not received a decison. Maybe by next week?

Called admissions, they said that they are sending out the decision letters next week and they should be received by the 25th of Dec, if you interviewed November 19th or prior.

Decisions are communicated by physical mail.
 
Called admissions, they said that they are sending out the decision letters next week and they should be received by the 25th of Dec, if you interviewed November 19th or prior.

Decisions are communicated by physical mail.
Thanks for letting us know! I was hoping that decison letters came in before Dec 14th, so that I wouldn't have to drop $500 on my UNECOM deposit.