New York EMT summer program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omniatlas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any community colleges in the Manhattan area offering an EMT-B course over the summer?

I'm not from around that area and not familiar with the colleges over there -- if someone could point me in the right direction, your help is appreciated.

Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

Even if you find a place to teach EMT-B in the summer, it is hard to find something to do.
Most EMS systems in NYC have been combined with the firefighters.For example, I think *every* ambulance that responded to the twin towers incident were affilated with a Firehouse..
And further more..You'd need firefighting training, and I know some *only* accept paramedics.

Thanks for the info styphon, I'm going to look around.

My college actually offers a EMT-I course, I've been wait-listed for next year, but I don't think I'll accept because of the killer class load I will have next year (O-chem + lab, and physics) and because of the large time committment I will have to make (it runs for a whole year, 12 hrs/week).

I would prefer to be certified over the summer where I have more time...I'll be stressing over my classes the rest of the school year, and I don't want the training to get in the way of my studies.

I took an EMT-B course at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice three summers ago. Not sure if they're doing it now, but imagine they are.