New York/ New Jersey/Penn Rad programs

Started by Dryacku
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dryacku

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering as an osteopathic student which allopathic radiology programs in this regions are DO friendly? Thanks
 
These are programs that I interviewed at within the states you specified OR programs that I know interview/match DOs:

NJ:
Saint Barnabas
Cooper (I did not apply here but they interview DOs)
Morristown (Match DOs, I did not interview here)

PA:
Mercy (philly)
Hanhemann
Bryn Mawr
University of Pittsburgh (very impressive program)
PSU - Hershey (also a very nice program)
Geisinger (interview DOs selectively, I did interview here)
Allegheny General (I got waitlisted for interview here)
Einstein (philly, interview DOs selectively, I did not interview here)
Pennsylvania Hospital (will interview DOs, i did not interview here, not to be confused with UPENN)
Temple (will interview DOs, i did not interview here)
Mercy (Pittsburgh, will interview DOs, i did not interview here)

NY:
St. Vincents
LICH
there are a lot of other NY programs and I must admit I am not familiar with them, I think that there are a hand full of other programs that consider DOs.

If you are applying now good luck, it can be done.

slice
 
Slice,

I was wondering what you meant when you said giesenger "selectively" interviews DO's.

Also where else did you get interviews besides these 3 states?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wait.... so is pennsylvania hospital the same thing as Pennsylvania Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Health System Program? and it's not too hard to get into?

These are programs that I interviewed at within the states you specified OR programs that I know interview/match DOs:

NJ:
Saint Barnabas
Cooper (I did not apply here but they interview DOs)
Morristown (Match DOs, I did not interview here)

PA:
Mercy (philly)
Hanhemann
Bryn Mawr
University of Pittsburgh (very impressive program)
PSU - Hershey (also a very nice program)
Geisinger (interview DOs selectively, I did interview here)
Allegheny General (I got waitlisted for interview here)
Einstein (philly, interview DOs selectively, I did not interview here)
Pennsylvania Hospital (will interview DOs, i did not interview here, not to be confused with UPENN)
Temple (will interview DOs, i did not interview here)
Mercy (Pittsburgh, will interview DOs, i did not interview here)

NY:
St. Vincents
LICH
there are a lot of other NY programs and I must admit I am not familiar with them, I think that there are a hand full of other programs that consider DOs.

If you are applying now good luck, it can be done.

slice
 
wait.... so is pennsylvania hospital the same thing as Pennsylvania Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Health System Program? and it's not too hard to get into?

Pennsy (short for Pennsylvania Hospital) is a separate residency program, and while Pennsy is owned by the Unviersity health system, almost all of the residencies there are completely separate. I don't know that much, because all I did was an IM rotation there, but my impression is that it's more like a community program and it's as competitive as any other big city community program. I'm not sure exactly how much access or exposure you get to all the latest stuff at Penn, but as the person above said, it's not to be confused with the University of Pennsylvania's program.
 
So what did you think of Geisinger Hospital in PA? A brief review of the program would be helpful because it will help me decide if I want to make a trip out there for the interview. Thanks.

These are programs that I interviewed at within the states you specified OR programs that I know interview/match DOs:

PA:
Mercy (philly)
Hanhemann
Bryn Mawr
University of Pittsburgh (very impressive program)
PSU - Hershey (also a very nice program)
Geisinger (interview DOs selectively, I did interview here)
Allegheny General (I got waitlisted for interview here)
Einstein (philly, interview DOs selectively, I did not interview here)
Pennsylvania Hospital (will interview DOs, i did not interview here, not to be confused with UPENN)
Temple (will interview DOs, i did not interview here)
Mercy (Pittsburgh, will interview DOs, i did not interview here)

If you are applying now good luck, it can be done.

slice