New York Post Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fauxrealist

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I could use some advice. I'm in the process of deciding on a post-bacc program for the upcoming semester. I've been accepted to Columbia and Hofstra (and SUNY Farmingdale, but I don't think that would be a good option) and I'm waiting to hear about Stony Brook. Any thoughts on which I should attend. I need to stay in the New York area because I can live for free on Long Island.

About me: My undergrad GPA is mediocre (3.2), but I was also a horrible student in my younger days and didn't crack a book once during my undergraduate studies. Now that I know how I actually want to spend my life, that aspect of my studies will be very different.

I didn't take a single science course during undergrad, so my science GPA is still untainted, but I definitely need to increase my cumulative GPA through a post-bacc program, while getting all of the pre-reqs. I'm 25 (turning 26) next month and currently work as an attorney.
 
Hey which school did you end up going to? Just wanted to get your experience.

I am in the process of applying for a post bacc and reside in NY