General Admissions & OTCAS New York Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOT4246

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I figured I would create a thread for applicants who applied to mostly Long Island schools (Stonybrook, Hofstra, Nyit, Touro). Has anyone heard back yet?

I'm hoping these schools like to accept students from the surrounding schools. Does anyone have any insight on this? Stonybrook is my dream!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I am applying to all LI and Brooklyn schools. I only submitted one application so far since I am still working on the rest, which aren't due til after the new year. I plan on submitting by the end of the month though. I am not sure when we can expect to start hearing from schools. I assume we will not hear from most until after the holidays and new year.

It would be really great if I got into Stony Brook. I live nearby, my husband works nearby, and I am familiar with the school since I did my undergrad there. Plus, they have excellent health sciences programs. I have got my fingers crossed!

Good luck to you!

I applied in mid September so I'm extremely anxious. Oh wow! Keeping my fingers crossed for you, I'm sure you'll get in! I live very close to the Southhampton Campus and my boyfriend is in med school on the island, so I'm hoping I at least get into one Long Island School. But I love everything about Stonybrooks program. :) @kgprospot