New York to Philly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
E

Eraserhead

What's the commute like from New York to Philadelphia?

Can I combine these trips?

Members don't see this ad.

anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hour drive, depending on traffic of course. You can definitely (for example) do a Wednesday, Thursday interview, etc....

Consider a train ride from 30th st. station in NYC to 30th st. station in Philly. You take New Jersey transit to the SEPTA regional rail line. Round trip cost is only something like $23 and it takes something like 2 hours.

The drive isn't bad either if you want to do that. If I remember correctly it's about 2 1/2 hours. Parking in Philly can be a challenging and expensive prospect, but it's nothing like NYC :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I drive from NYC to philly all the time. If you are going to drive, just make sure that you going during off hours otherwise the trip through NJ will be hell.

the train is the easiest way. you leave from penn station in NYC on the amtrak to philly. simple and prolly less than $40. trips about 1 1/2 hours by train.

the chinatown bus is the quickest. check out

www.2000coach.com

it's a big greyhound type bus and its $20 round trip. there is a bus every hour on the hour in the mornings and then every two hours in the afternoon. if you happen to catch a time when there is no traffic, you can get from ny to philly in 1.5 hrs.