Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey SDN, I've been going over threads as an unregistered user and had to make an account because every thread I've been to, every replier has been helpful/resourceful. But there are things that I tried to look for an haven't found it (so many threads lol). All I'm reading is retake courses/GREs in order to raise my cGPA and pGPA. As of now, I have a 2.3 pGPA and a 3.0 cGPA (pretty low, I know) 2nd year I slacked off because of unforeseen circumstances, (uncle's death, father going through cancer, work in order to help pay for college but I shouldn't use these an excuses for my lack of work). Down to the main point, I am about to graduate from UIC with a BS in Kinesiology and I'm wondering what are the chances of me getting into PT school? Will they even look at my application? I already logged in 100+ hrs in/outpatients and currently work as a PT/OT rehab aide at Rush Medical Center in Chicago, LOR from the top professors in my college. If I am unable to get into PT school (which I'm sure I won't first time around), what can I do in order to make myself a better candidate? Will retaking courses count towards my undergrad GPA or would it go towards a post-bacc GPA even though they are the same courses I took as an undergrad? This has been going through my head all day when my academic advisor essentially told me "do you have any other aspirations in a different line of work? because with these grades you sure won't be able to get into any PT schools" any help would be greatly appreciated.