Newbie MCAT student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nmed44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
A couple questions I'm seeking your assistance on: Before answering please indicate whether you're a med student or fellow MCAT-er and your score on the MCAT (if taken).

I graduated undergrad in '07 and finished a Masters in '09. I've been taking a PR class for the past two weeks. I'm looking to take the June exam. My undergrad overall and science GPA are not fantastic (3.2/3.4) compared to my Masters (3.7). I really need to BLOW the MCAT away.

I'm looking for tips on the following components:
-BEST MCAT study strategy (I'm in class 13.5hrs/week), how can I best structure the 20+ hrs of studying?
-Material: A lot of material is coming back to me, BUT there is a TON of physical sciences material that I need to re-learn, should I be reading the PR review books word for word, or immediately jumping into exams?
-Can anyone suggest the BEST resources to purchase (other than using my PR books) that can assist with strategy? (I'm reading that ExamKrackers is great...anything else?)

THANK YOU:)

Members don't see this ad.

Tests. Lots of tests. You will feel like you aren't accomplishing anything but you are. Just keep plugging away. Buy all the AAMC exams and more from Kaplan, EK, TPR, GS or wherever you can find em.