newbie needs help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyNameIsAlex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have almost 0 background in bio/chem... however a solid background in math and physics. im thinking of enrolling in the Kaplan course in january, my question is, for courses such as kaplan what are the 'pre-reqs' to actually be able to follow whats happening?

i believe i will have the first year inorganic chem knowledge by then. however bio will still be 0 by then. i dont wanna waste time

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

mcat courses are review courses...
you are going to be kind of screwed w/o any bio or orgo under your belt. pick up a princeton review hyperlearning book, which is very detailed for bio... and try to read it as a novel, so you know what's going on.

if you plan to take kaplan and the april MCAT at your level of knowledge, i will predict a max of 8 for you in the bio section. you need to have *seen* the material and be familiar with it.

i don't know anything else about you, but perhaps you can take the courses in school, then take the summer kaplan/princeton review course?

good luck
(coming from an mcat bio instructor)