1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

newbie needs help

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by MyNameIsAlex, Nov 29, 2005.

1. MyNameIsAlex

MyNameIsAlex Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i have almost 0 background in bio/chem... however a solid background in math and physics. im thinking of enrolling in the Kaplan course in january, my question is, for courses such as kaplan what are the 'pre-reqs' to actually be able to follow whats happening?

i believe i will have the first year inorganic chem knowledge by then. however bio will still be 0 by then. i dont wanna waste time

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. anon-y-mouse

anon-y-mouse Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    mcat courses are review courses...
    you are going to be kind of screwed w/o any bio or orgo under your belt. pick up a princeton review hyperlearning book, which is very detailed for bio... and try to read it as a novel, so you know what's going on.

if you plan to take kaplan and the april MCAT at your level of knowledge, i will predict a max of 8 for you in the bio section. you need to have *seen* the material and be familiar with it.

i don't know anything else about you, but perhaps you can take the courses in school, then take the summer kaplan/princeton review course?

good luck
    (coming from an mcat bio instructor)

4. MyNameIsAlex

MyNameIsAlex Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    thanks ill try to do it this week

that way i have a whole month to study that stuff