Newbie, please forgo the flogging!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elendil

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I must say that I am glad I found this place. Im currently in xray school and wil be graduating in about 7 months,afterwhich I will begin my premedical studies in earnest. I am curious, as I'm 27 at the moment, how old are some of you have have just been accepted? Im looking to be no older than 30 when I get accepted.

Lance

Members don't see this ad.

There are many "nontraditional" students accepted to DO schools. A friend and former classmate of mine (maysqrd to you sdners) was accepted to TUCOM at an age older than 25 ;) . You'll have to ask her if you want to know how old she actually is :) . But seriously, as long as you understand that the only drawback to being older is that you will have fewer years to practice medicine. At 27-30 I see no problem with you applying. As long as you have a good application, most DO schools won't care about your age.

Good Luck,

WannabeDO

Lance,

I just wanted to show support for a fellow x-ray tech. I am also an x-ray tech (Special Procedures, actually). I have applications out this cycle and I just turned 31 this month. You have plenty of time.

Good Luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lance,
I am 27 yrs old and will be 28 when I start school next year. I have been pleasantly surprised at the number of non-trads that there are. It is great! If you haven't read this site below, it's a really good one for this subject. You shouldn't worry about your age at all if this is really what you want to do.

http://www.cs.umbc.edu/~mikeg/medschool.html

I am 40 and applying now. I think after a certain age ( around 35) the age thing does become a detriment. You don't need to worry about that at all......you are still a baby. Oh hell, you're all just babies to me! ( except for Toejam.)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck and welcome.

marleybfour! You gave me away!

I'm going to be 41 next week and I have an interview with Western on 11/14. Not only that, but I've already gone through 4 years of podiatry school and a one year residency. I'm sure I'll be in the top ten oldsters in my class.

Age is a concept.

Congrats toejam on the interview. I wil keep my fingers crossed and send good thoughts for you on the 14th!!!

I still haven't heard from my first choice, Nova even though my file has been complete for a month now. I constantly call home from work to see if there are any messages for me. It's so frustrating!!

Toejam, did you apply to any MD programs?

I just turned 31 and I'm a first year med student. Whether I'll be a second year at 32 is a whole 'nother ball game. :D

Geez guys, you all make me feel very young - I am a single 25 year old women from NJ applying to DO school. I thought I was "old" but now I feel like I am still in infancy!

I can't even drink legally and have been accepted to UHS! Talk about a baby. I look forward to attending school with you non trad students, because you have had a lot of life experiences and can hopefully impart some good wisdom on this 20 year old DO to be. HAHA!! Good luck and hopefully I will see some of you next year!

Vanessa

i feel old, but thats because when I walk around at school I sometimes feel Im at a high school the way some of the freshman and sophmores look.

Im 24 (turn 25 in a little over a month) and applying to DO schools now.

I guess the oldest person I have ever had classes with was this 84 year old german physist or nuclearphysist. He came back to school to learn and study spanish and some other history classes.

Originally posted by Fenrezz
I just turned 31 and I'm a first year med student. Whether I'll be a second year at 32 is a whole 'nother ball game. :D

I'm right there with ya, bro.