Forgot COVID-19 Impact Essay on AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

albb28

Reaction score
Pretty much in the title. Was reviewing my actual application (not the pdf) and saw that I didn't fill out the optional COVID-19 Impact Essay.

I'm not only frustrated with myself for missing it, but when I initially submitted the AACOMAS application, I went through the pdf to review and look for any errors. On there, it didn't even show a COVID essay being a thing. But when I looked back at the actual application, it showed the essay not being filled out.

Has anyone been in the same boat where they didn't write the COVID Primary essay for DO schools? Any success stories despite that? And would it even be worth sending the COVID-19 essay to individual schools?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

It's optional.

The schools may have their own prompts. Did you prewrite?
Thank you for the response. Yes, I've been pre-writing both M.D. and D.O. secondaries but have noticed that D.O. secondaries have not been asking about COVID as much as M.D. schools. I have also submitted some D.O. secondaries so far. I know that the AACOMAS Primary COVID essay's optional, but I see the sentiment that "optional" essays aren't truly optional. That's part of the reason I'm concerned that it could negatively impact my application moving forward for any potential D.O. schools.

I know that the AACOMAS Primary COVID essay's optional, but I see the sentiment that "optional" essays aren't truly optional.
Admissions would rather not see students filling in optional essays unnecessarily.

There is nothing you can do at this point if AACOMAS is locked. Considering I suggested an MD only list for you before in a WAMC post, this is absolutely not something you should worry about.