newbie qn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mo82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all
i am fairly new to this area (i am looking into ndbe for my cousin who is computer illiterate) anyway she is international dental student will be graduating this summer and was asking whether she can take the NDBE PART#1 more than once (to familiarize himself with the test)
does that affect her final score and her admission to grad program in the US? i.e. will ada report scores from both test and the number of times the test was taken to the universities?
(i know for a fact that gre/gmat report all test scores and the # of test taken)

also on a side note, other than Mosbey book and dental decks, are the National board reprints (1G-1M) a good study guide? does she need to buy all of them from the link below
http://68.20.243.219/asda/members_o...rder.asp?action=catalog&catalog=NBR1&aff=ASDA

sorry if my Qn's are obvious, but i am new to this

Members don't see this ad.

1)She can take the exam any number of times.Three month time gap is mandatory between two attempts.After three attempts she has to wait for an year to retake.

2)Only the latest score is considered.

3)The choice of study material is upto her.She can buy it from Amazon,www.ebay.com ,classified sections of student doctor network or from www.asda.org

For more info,logon to www.ada.org and read the candidate guide for NBDE part 1.

P.S:Tell her to become computer literate,the exam is computerised.

Members don't see this ad :)
asda papers r a very important tool to succeed in boards n so is kaplan book
u can get these things at the respective site
by asda i mean the same papers u r talking abt

plus my adv is to read n memorie evrything well enough b4 taking the test rather than practicing by taking the test itself
as the test gets harder for retakers