Newbie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Attrition rate only fifty percent? 😕 First, this is a considerably high attrition rate. Second, other programs are comparable, at least as far as data I've received from school officers who are privy to such information. Reference the ETSU post that was created some months ago.

If you are to fail, you be very likely to do so in the first year. It is unlikely that you will fail if you continue to apply similar work habits to consecutive years. The heavy initial front-loaded curriculum de-rails many otherwise qualified individuals. :scared:

I'm still trying to schedule my interview. Between being T.A.D. and the whole time zone issue, it's been quite difficult trying to continue making follow-up calls. In any case, I'll get ahold of someone eventually. :luck:
 
Wow! 50%? The schools I've been visiting have little or no attrition. How can the attrition be this high???
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
50% seems really high. At my school, we usually lose 1, maybe 2, people per class. While it is true that people that will drop seem to do so in the first year, I have found that the second year tends to be the most academically challenging (Capstone work and lack of intro classes). I would think that a lot of people drop not for academic reasons, but because they start to learn more about Audiology and change there minds. Both of the people who dropped from last years class did so in order to pursue a different profession.