Newbie intro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hart of hrng316

Amazed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hola fellow pre-audiologists!

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I graduated from UT Austin 3.5 years ago with a B.S. in retail merchandising. I realized that I liked working with people, but wanted to help people with a physical need instead of material-wise. I moved back to Austin about a year ago to take the prereqs for SLP grad school. In the process, I fell in love with the ear and audiology. I will start my first year in the Fall at UT and am interested in cochlear implants.

So that's my audiology story in a nutshell. I'd like to hear other people's stories, what year you are/school, interests in the field, etc. I look forward to getting to know y'all. 😛
 
I graduated from Vanderbilt University in 2007, My background is in Deaf Education but I love the clinical and almost investigative aspect of audiology. I will be starting my AuD at the University of Tennessee Knoxville this Fall.



Hola fellow pre-audiologists!

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I graduated from UT Austin 3.5 years ago with a B.S. in retail merchandising. I realized that I liked working with people, but wanted to help people with a physical need instead of material-wise. I moved back to Austin about a year ago to take the prereqs for SLP grad school. In the process, I fell in love with the ear and audiology. I will start my first year in the Fall at UT and am interested in cochlear implants.

So that's my audiology story in a nutshell. I'd like to hear other people's stories, what year you are/school, interests in the field, etc. I look forward to getting to know y'all. 😛
 
Last edited: