Newly Board Certified Pediatricians?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldbearprofessor

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are (results are on-line now), then congratulations and feel free to celebrate on this thread!

If you didn't pass, well, you might wish to skip this thread. But, you'll do it next year!

If you already passed in other years then, well, recertification isn't so far away.

and, if, like me, you're lifetime certified, then, well, you better not brag about it. Too. Much.:smuggrin:

Of course, if you're that old (the last lifetime certification exam was administered in 1987 and we had to do oral exams then too), you probably are too old to celebrate anything anyway.:(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Whoohoo!! What a relief I passed. I had a nightmare this morning before I woke up that only one person from my residency class passed. Congrats all!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Laughing My Way to the Boards worked for me - or maybe it was the crown the night prior to settle my nerves... either way a P is a P!

Congrats all!

Congratulations to those who passed. Now you can throw away all those study materials that you were saving.. ya know.. just in case. ;)

Actually, I was squarely in the avg for DBP. My highest groups were Endo/Metab, Lymphoretic/Heme, Cardiac (thank goodness;)) and EENT. My worst groups were Adolescent/Gyn, Critical Care/Emergency/Poisoning and ID/A&I.
As much as I, ahem, didn't find it my favorite thing, I actually think I did pretty well with D/B assessments of my patients and getting them evaluations/services. I even frequently make diagnoses (in my head, mind you) of kids on the street ("yup, that one's autistic; that one's Aspergers; Holy Crap, that four yearish old looking kid was a serious NICU grad with that toaster head, coke bottle glasses, tippy toe walking and his VP shunt going down the side of his head/neck-he looks surprisingly normal" [real kid at Chucky Cheese; Hmmm this gives me an idea for a thread...]):D

Actually, I was squarely in the avg for DBP. My highest groups were Endo/Metab, Lymphoretic/Heme, Cardiac (thank goodness;)) and EENT. My worst groups were Adolescent/Gyn, Critical Care/Emergency/Poisoning and ID/A&I.
As much as I, ahem, didn't find it my favorite thing, I actually think I did pretty well with D/B assessments of my patients and getting them evaluations/services. I even frequently make diagnoses (in my head, mind you) of kids on the street ("yup, that one's autistic; that one's Aspergers; Holy Crap, that four yearish old looking kid was a serious NICU grad with that toaster head, coke bottle glasses, tippy toe walking and his VP shunt going down the side of his head/neck-he looks surprisingly normal" [real kid at Chucky Cheese; Hmmm this gives me an idea for a thread...]):D

See? I knew you were in the wrong line of work. Come to the dark side... muahahahaha... :smuggrin:

:highfive:
Congratulations to all who passed! Come on, OBP, you're not too old!?!
My best categories were Neph (who would have thought?), Pulm, and Endo, and the worst were Neuro (not a surprise to me), Heme, and Musculoskeletal. Cards was somewhere in the middle ...:confused: - but: fewer questions = less valid numbers!
:banana: :soexcited:

It's a throwback combination (DBP and neo). When neo started, most f/u clinics were run by neonatologists. That's long gone, both for care and financial reasons, but it's actually a rational combination.

Our Neos would follow until about a year out in the "NICU Grad Clinic" but I don't think they went much past that. But it makes sense.

And congats, again, to all those now onboard the Broadly Certifiable Train!

Passed! It took a while to sink in after I found the screen. Oddly I did well in adolescent/sports (I hate teens) and good in ER/Critical care and poor in pulm.

:clap:
Now I can pass along my Med Study books to my wife... :smuggrin:

Cant believe it though, my weakest area BY FAR was critical care!!!......as in everything else was 500 - 600's and critical care was 240! OUCH!!

I think i was overthinking the questions...all that damn physiology i've been learning!

Anyway....i got the highest in lymphatic/hematology and endo/metab.....can u imagine????? crazy

Just happy that I passed!!!!:D

Cant believe it though, my weakest area BY FAR was critical care!!!......as in everything else was 500 - 600's and critical care was 240! OUCH!!

I think i was overthinking the questions...all that damn physiology i've been learning!

Anyway....i got the highest in lymphatic/hematology and endo/metab.....can u imagine????? crazy

Just happy that I passed!!!!:D

ha! I'm a peds EM fellow, and my 2nd lowest area was....EM of course.
Everyone told me this happens (you tend to score low in the areas you know best) and on the test I could sense it would be that way. The EM questions were the ones I was overthinking, and they were some of the most frustrating ones too---because I knew exactly what concept/idea they were trying to get at (and if they had been a essay questions, I could have written pages on them!!) but much more difficult in multiple choice format.
Of course, I couldn't say the same about being able to write an essay on the genetics, behavior, metabolism, GI, endocrine, and many many other questions... :)
I'm just happy I passed. Very, very relieved.

Last edited:
Hey, if any of you are willing to part with medstudy DVD's let me know! I'm looking to buy some! thanks!