news from OHSU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btowngirl

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know when people in the hold category will start to be accepted or rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

btowngirl said:
does anyone know when people in the hold category will start to be accepted or rejected?

OHSU does NOT over accept. That being said, people have roughly 2 weeks to accept or deny an 'offer of acceptance' from OHSU. As people deny their acceptances or just flat-out don't reply within two weeks, people off the waitlist ("alternate list") will be accepted in descending order starting from #1. For the 04-05 MS1 year, they accepted up through alternate #64. So if you are #64 or less, you probably have a good chance. Hence the word 'probably'. :)

Sanctuary, do you know when they come out with the ordered list?

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought that the rankings were for the actual waitlist which is formed around may 15 and that people were accepted off of the hold list before may 15. is this correct?

btowngirl said:
i thought that the rankings were for the actual waitlist which is formed around may 15 and that people were accepted off of the hold list before may 15. is this correct?

That is what I thought, too.

How much time does it take post-interview for them to get back to us?

Just a word of caution. I was looking at one of last year's OHSU threads and was surprised to see that a bunch of people were interviewed, placed on hold, and then rejected around May 15th instead of automatically being moved to the ranked waitlist. I had gotten the impression that being put on hold would only result in either an acceptance or waitlist spot, but apparently not.

And I think they estimated 6 weeks to hear back post interview.

cmizzy said:
Sanctuary, do you know when they come out with the ordered list?

May 15th'ish. They are still making acceptance offers. Once things are finalized (May 15th) and each person has 1 seat at a medical school (of course only meaning those who have at least 1 acceptance), then they will compile their alternate list.