Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Wondering if I could get some opinions on the next best treatment for this patient.
I have a 63 yo male patient that has been getting bp readings of 160-170s/90s. He exercises regularly, watches salt intake however he smokes 5 cigs/day. He has made it clear he does NOT want to quit. Otherwise he has no major disease states.
His meds are:
lasix 80 mg daily
Potassium (forgot the dosage)
Metoprolol tartrate 100mg bid
Minoxidil 10mg bid
Lisinopril 40mg daily
Amlodipine 10mg daily
Omeprazole 40mg daily
His new pcp has asked if they are other things pt may try to get his bp down. I'm thinking of discontinuing his lasix/potassium and starting chlorthalidone. Not sure what to do if that doesn't work. Any other suggestions?
I have a 63 yo male patient that has been getting bp readings of 160-170s/90s. He exercises regularly, watches salt intake however he smokes 5 cigs/day. He has made it clear he does NOT want to quit. Otherwise he has no major disease states.
His meds are:
lasix 80 mg daily
Potassium (forgot the dosage)
Metoprolol tartrate 100mg bid
Minoxidil 10mg bid
Lisinopril 40mg daily
Amlodipine 10mg daily
Omeprazole 40mg daily
His new pcp has asked if they are other things pt may try to get his bp down. I'm thinking of discontinuing his lasix/potassium and starting chlorthalidone. Not sure what to do if that doesn't work. Any other suggestions?
it is always better to optimise current therapy before adding new meds, right? His lopressor is not optimized, so I would want to address that. The thread consensus seems to be that it's up to the patient at this point though (smoking, being complaint).