Next demand in pharmacy? Other than retail :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Panakea

Reaction score
Hello all,

On your expert opinion, what do you predict to be a potential area of demand in the pharmacy field in the foreseeable future?

I am a pharmacist with the following experience: 2-year teaching/research fellowship in the academic setting, 1 year pharmacy manager in a rural retail setting, 1 year float retail pharmacist. Seeking a career transition potentially within the field and maybe with some additional training, but not sure at all where pharmacists/pharmacist skills have a potential to be needed.

Thank you in advance for wisdom you are willing to share!

Members don't see this ad.

Marijuana dispensaries--some states require a pharmacist

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

On your expert opinion, what do you predict to be a potential area of demand in the pharmacy field in the foreseeable future?

I am a pharmacist with the following experience: 2-year teaching/research fellowship in the academic setting, 1 year pharmacy manager in a rural retail setting, 1 year float retail pharmacist. Seeking a career transition potentially within the field and maybe with some additional training, but not sure at all where pharmacists/pharmacist skills have a potential to be needed.

Thank you in advance for wisdom you are willing to share!
I am definitely not an expert. Just an opinion based on 40 years of experience in the Biz! I don't see any revolutionary changes in overall demand and in the areas of practice. Same old game, different players these days. There will always be new niche practice opportunities, interesting, but far and few between. Remote order entry, DURs, MTM and clinical management positions should increase in demand. Look into certifications that would help elevate your position, ie MTM cert. or other cert.
Good Luck

and don't write off "Pot Pharmacist" jobs!:cool:

This is what I found, with a quick search:

EXPLORE FURTHER​

Global web icon
Work At Home Mtm Pharmacist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.c…

indeed.com
Global web icon
$45-$63/hr Remote MTM Pharmacist Jobs (NOW HIRING) - Z…

ziprecruiter.com
Global web icon
Medication Therapy Management - American Pharmacists A…

pharmacist.com
Global web icon
PowerPak MTM Pharmacist C.E. Certificate Program

powerpak.com
Global web icon
Medication Therapy Management Internship |MedWiseRx

careers.pharmacy.ufl.edu

Reactions: 2 users
I am definitely not an expert. Just an opinion based on 40 years of experience in the Biz! I don't see any revolutionary changes in overall demand and in the areas of practice. Same old game, different players these days. There will always be new niche practice opportunities, interesting, but far and few between. Remote order entry, DURs, MTM and clinical management positions should increase in demand. Look into certifications that would help elevate your position, ie MTM cert. or other cert.
Good Luck

and don't write off "Pot Pharmacist" jobs!:cool:

This is what I found, with a quick search:

EXPLORE FURTHER​

Global web icon
Work At Home Mtm Pharmacist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.c…
indeed.com
Global web icon
$45-$63/hr Remote MTM Pharmacist Jobs (NOW HIRING) - Z…
ziprecruiter.com
Global web icon
Medication Therapy Management - American Pharmacists A…
pharmacist.com
Global web icon
PowerPak MTM Pharmacist C.E. Certificate Program
powerpak.com
Global web icon
Medication Therapy Management Internship |MedWiseRx
careers.pharmacy.ufl.edu
Thank you so very much for your advice! It is greatly valuable! Will definitely explore these more!