Next round of acceptances for VCU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phraud

Yes thats me on a unicorn
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a 3rd round, or is it just rolling admissions from here on out?

Members don't see this ad.

Feb 1 is 2nd round acceptance. For people who interviewed Jan 29 or after, they have another round of acceptances around late Feb/early March, from there on its rolling.

Feb 1 is 2nd round acceptance. For people who interviewed Jan 29 or after, they have another round of acceptances around late Feb/early March, from there on its rolling.

Does the 3rd round include people who interviewed before Jan 29th, or is it just for late interviewers?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the 3rd round include people who interviewed before Jan 29th, or is it just for late interviewers?

Good question! I'm starting to wonder about VCU now because I haven't heard about anybody getting accepted into the 2nd round who interviewed pre-december. I wonder if they set up blocks in their admissions that way. I hope not; for your guys's sake.

Adcomm met on Jan 28th, so anyone who interviewed on the 28th or later will prolly have to wait till the next adcomm meeting, Feb. 18th. I believe after that it will be rolling admission. I know Healy is shutting down interviews sometime late in February. He did seem to imply that there are not many seats left unfortunately which makes me VERY nervous.
Scott

Adcomm met on Jan 28th, so anyone who interviewed on the 28th or later will prolly have to wait till the next adcomm meeting, Feb. 18th. I believe after that it will be rolling admission. I know Healy is shutting down interviews sometime late in February. He did seem to imply that there are not many seats left unfortunately which makes me VERY nervous.
Scott

Hey scottyhoop, what's your resident state? If you're a Virginia resident, you'd have really competitive stats. Even without Virginia residence, I still think you're competitive so you have as good a shot as anybody in getting in if you ask me.

also...i think if you interviewed early and haven't heard anything yet it's not completely a bad thing. Dr. Healy stated that he makes his waitlist of 10 people and the D.5 list of 10 people in March. He stated that he almost always uses most of his waitlist. He's never used it all but he has come close. He will NOT however tell you your rank on the waitlist. So those of you who interviewed early and haven't heard yet there is still hope. I know it's tough to wait, but at this point no news is good news. That may change down the road, but for now keep the faith!!
Scott

Hey scottyhoop, what's your resident state? If you're a Virginia resident, you'd have really competitive stats. Even without Virginia residence, I still think you're competitive so you have as good a shot as anybody in getting in if you ask me.

Thanks...I think my biggest problem is I submitted very late. November to be exact. I just had my interview on Tuesday. I am a VA resident, so hopefully I still have a chance. If I don't get in this cycle, I'll be able to apply early next cycle and have a much better chance. Are you in VCU limbo now as well??
Scott

Thanks...I think my biggest problem is I submitted very late. November to be exact. I just had my interview on Tuesday. I am a VA resident, so hopefully I still have a chance. If I don't get in this cycle, I'll be able to apply early next cycle and have a much better chance. Are you in VCU limbo now as well??
Scott

Dude! You're a VA resident?!! You're totally in. Apparently, VCU is offering a lot in post-december rounds with post-december interviewees so I would be shocked if you didn't get in, being a VA resident and all. I bet they're dying for strong VA applicants such as yourself to boost the schools stats. You'd be a good candidate. Good luck!

Scott

Oh, no I was fortunate to get accepted yesterday actually!!! I'm way stoked to start-up in the fall!!!

Thanks...I'll keep my fingers crossed. Congrats on getting in by the way...I just saw in another post you got in. Hopefully we'll be classmates next year!! I felt like the interview went well, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Only time will tell....
Scott

Members don't see this ad :)
Sugar, what would it take for you to intercede on my behalf to the adcoms??

HAHA. Unfortunately, they don't want to bias their opinions/rationale... or so I have been told when I was going to be a namedropper for someone. Guess it's all up to them. Regardless, I REALLY hope to see you next fall ;)

Hey has anyone seen a change in their status on AADSAS today? I know the admissions committee met Jan 28th, and they already sent out letters, but Dr Healy said he would change the status of the people who got an offer to "Offered a position" on Feb 1st, which is today. My status still hasnt changed.....getting a little nervous....

Hey has anyone seen a change in their status on AADSAS today? I know the admissions committee met Jan 28th, and they already sent out letters, but Dr Healy said he would change the status of the people who got an offer to "Offered a position" on Feb 1st, which is today. My status still hasnt changed.....getting a little nervous....

they actually changed it on jan 30th. if it hasn't changed, then you weren't accepted this round. come grab a seat with me and lemoncurry and we'll wait in line together :(

they actually changed it on jan 30th. if it hasn't changed, then you weren't accepted this round. come grab a seat with me and lemoncurry and we'll wait in line together :(

are you 100% sure of what are you said? ... thats really not good :confused:

Yeah, it's true. I asked Dr. Healy about it and he confirmed it.

...I brought a tent.

Yeah, he's referring to the infamous email that Dr. Healy sent Lurchdubious yesterday saying that the offers that they had made weren't suppose to be updated on AADSAS until the 1st of February but AADSAS updated on the 30th-o-January instead, which was Dr. Healy's intention. This was apparently AADSAS's fault, not Dr. Healy's.

However, for hope's sake, I heard that the 3rd round for offer extentions will take place sometime at the end of February. At least that's what I heard someone else say on another thread.

Yeah, he's referring to the infamous email that Dr. Healy sent Lurchdubious yesterday saying that the offers that they had made weren't suppose to be updated on AADSAS until the 1st of February but AADSAS updated on the 30th-o-January instead, which was Dr. Healy's intention. This was apparently AADSAS's fault, not Dr. Healy's.

However, for hope's sake, I heard that the 3rd round for offer extentions will take place sometime at the end of January. At least that's what I heard someone else say on another thread.

You mean end of February?

HAHA. Unfortunately, they don't want to bias their opinions/rationale... or so I have been told when I was going to be a namedropper for someone. Guess it's all up to them. Regardless, I REALLY hope to see you next fall ;)
Well, maybe you can just say hi to Dr. Sawicki and mention that I'm really hoping to see him next fall :)

Well, maybe you can just say hi to Dr. Sawicki and mention that I'm really hoping to see him next fall :)
is that who you interviewed with? if so, me too. i liked him, he was very straightforward with me, which i appreciated.

good luck lemon!

Sawicki and Brooks. Both were awesome.

I was supposed to have Sawicki and Brooks too! But Brooks was out so I ended up interviewing with Healy instead haha

Are they all part of the faculty and aren't there 2 30 min interviews?
How was interviewing with Dr. Healy?

Surpisingly, not that bad! I've also met him several times prior when he visited my school so that definitely helped.

Are they all part of the faculty and aren't there 2 30 min interviews?
How was interviewing with Dr. Healy?
i enjoyed my interview w/Dr. Healy. he's a great guy.

I interviewed with a man I can't remember his name. But he was bald and had a sweet mustache. Very kind man and we shot the bull for half an hour about dentistry and other stuff. The next I guy I interview with just went down a list and asked me about 30 questions. He was nice but very quiet. This was probably the closest thing I experienced to being grilled at any of my interviews. Dr. Healy was the coolest person I met out of all 5 schools that I interviewed at. I had a lot of good feelings at VCU.

I interviewed with a man I can't remember his name. But he was bald and had a sweet mustache. Very kind man and we shot the bull for half an hour about dentistry and other stuff. The next I guy I interview with just went down a list and asked me about 30 questions. He was nice but very quiet. This was probably the closest thing I experienced to being grilled at any of my interviews. Dr. Healy was the coolest person I met out of all 5 schools that I interviewed at. I had a lot of good feelings at VCU.

That is because VCU is #1~ duh :rolleyes:

You interviewed with Dr. Masters. He is awesome. I walked into his office and he said "First interview? Don't be nervous. Alright well let's get started. First I have to ask you a difficult question and get it out of the way. What do you think about Meguiar's wax?" His whole interview we talked about cars, he said we didn't need to talk about my #s everything was great. Second guy was Dr. Certosimo, he was great as well but more traditional with the interview style. Overall they made the interview as easy as possible.

-Cyrus

Just got my official letter from the January 30th acceptance and it said that I have until the 15th of February to make my deposit. I'd imagine that the VCU adcoms will meet after that time. Good luck all!

Congrats again Dent! I am pleased! You will do well there and have fun! I will have to let you know my two buddies names and info that are going there. They are really good study buddies.

Congrats again Dent! I am pleased! You will do well there and have fun! I will have to let you know my two buddies names and info that are going there. They are really good study buddies.

Right on! Good luck to you too in Marquette!

Im still waiting to hear from VCU. For those of you that are already in, what are my shots at getting in now? I interviewed in Sept, I have a 3.8 GPA, an 18/17 DAT, plenty of shadowing hours, good LORS, 2 years of research experience, and I am in state. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the competition at VCU is insane this year. I would be elated just to be in the D.5 program at this point. Anyone have any idea how many seats are still open?Any input would be gladly appreciated.

i don't think anyone knows how many seats are left...but there's still a 3rd round of acceptances at the end of this month before rolling admissions/waitlist spots are assigned. the consensus among some is that if you've interviewed pre-january, you may not have very good chances at this point. (i don't know anyone who's recently been accepted who interviewed pre-jan). that said, it sounds like you are still a good candidate! good luck.

the consensus among some is that if you've interviewed pre-january, you may not have very good chances at this point. (i don't know anyone who's recently been accepted who interviewed pre-jan).

Though on predents, "hotshot12" received an offer Jan. 30th and he interviewed back on Oct 17. He does have very good stats though...(GPA/Sci - 3.96) (DAT AA/TS/PAT - 23/23/22). So who knows.

any1 get accepted into D.5? yall think they interview after the 3rd round or what?

To my knowledge, the D.5 group gets chosen from the people that have already interviewed. He said he does that list and the waitlist in March. So its still a bunch of waiting for me!

So, would it be a bad idea to contact Dr. Healy and ask him if I should start preparing for the 2009 cycle? I just really want to know where I stand, and I'm assuming everyone else does as well. Therefore, I don't want to annoy him with nagging emails, but the wait is killing me.

Hey Guys .. Any news from the dental school ? did any one get an acceptance letter in the past few days ? I'm still waiting

So, would it be a bad idea to contact Dr. Healy and ask him if I should start preparing for the 2009 cycle? I just really want to know where I stand, and I'm assuming everyone else does as well. Therefore, I don't want to annoy him with nagging emails, but the wait is killing me.

I don't know. I think to be effective, you should do it right after this cycle closes and before next years application cycle starts. Im sure he is very busy right now. Of course I understand that that won't get you the answer you were looking for...as in a sneak preview. Honestly, VCU may have made offers to more spots than they have available and they may not know what is going on until they see which applicants accept the offer.

I don't know. I think to be effective, you should do it right after this cycle closes and before next years application cycle starts. Im sure he is very busy right now. Of course I understand that that won't get you the answer you were looking for...as in a sneak preview. Honestly, VCU may have made offers to more spots than they have available and they may not know what is going on until they see which applicants accept the offer.

They can't kick you out once they've accepted you though right? That is unless you do something really stupid.

Technically, they probably COULD... but I don't think it happens very often at all :p

Hmmm...well, I sure hope I didn't make a mistake by withdrawing from my other acceptances before I decided to gamble everything on VCU!!! THAT WOULD TOTALLY SUCK!!!

For anyone who is interested, I've heard VCU's adcom will get together on Feb 18th to decide who will get 3rd round acceptances. This information comes from one of my buddies who interviewed there on Feb 4th. Good luck to all waiting on VCU!

For anyone who is interested, I've heard VCU's adcom will get together on Feb 18th to decide who will get 3rd round acceptances. This information comes from one of my buddies who interviewed there on Feb 4th. Good luck to all waiting on VCU!

That's true and if you look at predents.com, you will see that there were many post feb 1 acceptances to VCU last year. One or 2 even in April.