So here's the problem: Took the MCATs twice (21M: 6VR, 7PS, 8BS first time around and then 24P: 7VR, 9PS, 8BS the second time.) Biology major, graduated in 2006 with a 3.51 GPA overall, 3.33 science GPA from a highly selective private east-coast school (non Ivy). Good extracurriculars with 4 summers of research plus another year of research at college, as well as non-clinical volunteering and leadership in a few other clubs (although could probably use more clinical experience). Currently serving as a Jesuit Volunteer in the medical field for the year (ending this Aug. 8), working in Alaska with a non-profit organization that helps HIV-positive clients. Applied (somewhat late in the application process: sent in my primary in late July last year) to 18 schools and accepted to none (17 secondaries and 3 interviews: 2 rejections and 1 waitlist). It is already the 10th of May and the earliest primary application date of June 1st for next year is just weeks away. So now my questions are: What can I do to boost my chances of getting in next year? Should I definitely take the MCATs again, or should I apply to an SMP program? (Am considering Georgetowns program.) Are post-bac programs even worth it if my grades are decent (my major pitfall being the MCATs)? If I take the MCATs again, should I take my time to study hard and take them next year and then apply to med school next year (losing yet another year), or should I try to take the test this summer and apply later this year (thereby decreasing my chances for acceptance by applying so late)? Is doing research for another year worthless at this point since I have so much research experience already? P.S. Just curious, most MCAT scores expire after 3 years, correct? Am I obligated to show med schools the bad, expired score or can I just select the more recent ones that are higher? THANKS for any recommendations you can provide!