NextStep FL physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc0307

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
someone shine some hope on me here please. Chem tends to be my strongest topic, but the amount of calculation-based questions for physics on the nextStep FLs C/P section makes me want to pull my beard, especially since I'm bad at doing math by hand and recalling formulas out of thin air. I got a 503 (126,124,126, 127) on the first FL and i just finished the C/P section of the 2nd FL and had to come fish for some hope lol. I feel like I can get 128+ if it was just chem or if i at least had a calculator or was just better at memorizing formulas. I have all AAMC resources but have not opened them yet per my schedule so I am unsure if this is representative of how physics is examined on the real thing.

For those of you who have tested already or opened the AAMC FLs, are physics questions similar to NS (math heavy)? how did you memorize the formulas? how did you practice? I have TPR books and the physics book is the fattest of them all and given that i only have a month left and doing research full time I feel id be unwise to read the whole book when it tends to fluctuate in terms of yield on the real test.

Members don't see this ad.