Nexus 7 for viewing pharmacy textbooks.

Started by schamj01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

schamj01

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be starting P2 year here in a week and I ordered a nexus 7 with the intent of buying the kindle versions of my textbooks instead of the 2000 page long hardbacks. Has anybody used a tablet for textbooks in pharmacy school, and if so, how did that work out for you. I just want to make sure that my plan is feasible before I actually buy the books.
 
I'm not too big about taking notes during class, but more importantly, I wanted to buy a device that is available now so I can get it and figure out how to use it before school starts.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
good job on the nexus 7, i bought one and love it, fast processor and beautiful screen. i didnt have it during school so i can't really help any there. im pretty much using it to read comics

navigating a textbook in it is much easier then say a kindle (non-fire). try several different apps for opening the textbook since they are all very different.

during pharmacy school i used mostly ebooks as most of those were available online (katzung, dipiro, APhA OTC book). i prefer reading off paper so i actually bought some textbooks too
 
Have you considered not buying any textbooks at all and just going to the library when you need to look something up? That's what I did because most of the exam questions came off the professors' powerpoint slides. Don't worry, I still got a 4.0 GPA.
 
I did that P1 year, but now that my curriculum is really focusing on pharmacology, law, drug information, pharmacy practice, etc...I figure that I would like to have the texts to reference on my own.

Additionally, I prefer to do my studying at home since I have a family. I'm excited to hear that it should work for textbooks....pretty pumped over here to get my new toy 😀