NHSC loan repayment question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fqhcdentist

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a few questions about NHSC's LRP program (they never respond to my questions):

What happens if I receive the $50,000 for loan repayment and I am laid off from my job? If I can't find a job that qualifies as an underserved area, will I have to start repaying the $50k to NHSC at the same interest rate I was paying in the original loan?

Is there a meeting you have to attend after you receive the award, and if so, where is it usually located and do they pay for transportation/hotel?

Thanks