You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NIDDK Medical Student Fellowships
Started by underdog427
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Recently got accepted to the Vanderbilt site program..anyone else hear back yet?
Ahh really?? Did you get an acceptance from 1 out of 3? Do we have a choice? I wonder if others have heard...
I haven't heard back yet, I did not apply to the Vanderbilt site though. I remember from previous threads on the topic that some sites are faster than others at giving out acceptances.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Vanderbilt was my first choice of the 3 so I only heard back from Vandy
just got accepted to the Vandy site and UCLA site. Anyone have any insight on which one is better? trying to decide soon so any help is appreciated!
just got accepted to the Vandy site and UCLA site. Anyone have any insight on which one is better? trying to decide soon so any help is appreciated!
I didn't realize you could be accepted by more than one site?
yea. Vandy has its own separate application. So I received acceptances for both.
Has anyone else heard anything yet? I havn't heard anything yet
Nothing yet. I didn't rank Vandy or UCLA. I'm guessing each site is on their own timeline.
nothing here either, I did rank UCLA (2nd choice) so if people are already hearing back from UCLA, I'm probably not in the running there. I'm just not having luck with these national fellowships (at least I got one from my institution...but I wanted to do some traveling this summer!)
nothing here either, I did rank UCLA (2nd choice) so if people are already hearing back from UCLA, I'm probably not in the running there. I'm just not having luck with these national fellowships (at least I got one from my institution...but I wanted to do some traveling this summer!)
I ranked UCLA too... but I wonder how their processing works. Hmmm how many people get into each place? Ahh the suspense of 'early march' ... 🙁
From what I was told, due to the number of applicants, most programs have the luxury/prefer to accept students who ranked them number one. So basically you either match at your top program or you don't match at all. There are probably exceptions to this rule, but that's how it was explained to me.
I got matched at the Joslin Diabetes center on Monday (ranked them 1st). Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got into the Boston area diabetes and endocrinology research center this Monday too! I believe it was my #1. Did everyone accept?? I asked about some things...
Found out that each place has separate ways of deciding what projects you get put on.
Also we get $1000 towards the Nashville symposium for travel/hotel/ etc.
Super excited!
Found out that each place has separate ways of deciding what projects you get put on.
Also we get $1000 towards the Nashville symposium for travel/hotel/ etc.
Super excited!
I got into the Boston area diabetes and endocrinology research center this Monday too! I believe it was my #1. Did everyone accept?? I asked about some things...
Found out that each place has separate ways of deciding what projects you get put on.
Also we get $1000 towards the Nashville symposium for travel/hotel/ etc.
Super excited!
Congrats! Waiting on UCSF ... Anyone hear from them??
B
baoser
Anyone else applying this year?
Similar threads
N
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 704
N