NIH SIP questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phonyreal98

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few questions regarding the NIH SIP application...I got my application submitted tonight, a bit later than I was originally hoping for...how late am I in the process of applying for this program?

Also...I'm a bit intimidated by e-mailing many different PI's, especially because the PI's I've dealt with at my school have all been fairly laid back (and it's also been quite awhile since I've had to search for a lab position)...would this be a fairly good way to approach PI's via e-mail?

Dear PI,

My name is phonyreal98 and I am interested in applying for the NIH SIP through your lab. I am particularly interested in (discuss the topics the lab investigates/recent papers out of the lab). I am interested in these topics because (discuss how they relate back to my interests/experience/career aspirations). Therefore, I feel that I would be a particularly good fit for your lab and would like to direct you to my NIH SIP application if you have space in your lab this summer.

Sincerely,
phonyreal98

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: