NJ/CT/MA DSO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Let me out!

Hiya!
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just curious about your opinions on DSOs.

Will be graduating in 2023. It seems like finding private offices as a newly grad is nearly impossible. Any tips on finding them? DSO offers on newly grads are definitely attracting.

I've heard of Aspen, Heartland, Dental Dreams, and Dr. Dental. I could find some info on the first 2, but not really on the latter 2. Any input on them? Any other DSOs in the area?

Also, any suggestion/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you have any dental mentors in private practice consider reaching out to them to see how they're doing, and if they know of any colleagues who are looking for associates. Plus if you end up getting a contract from a DSO or a private office they may be able to help you review it. The usual employment websites are a good place to start, and there may be recruiters in your area that can help facilitate finding a potential office for you based on your skill set, geographical location, and desires in an office.

Look for pp associate opportunities in the areas you want to work too. DSO jobs are variable, even within the same DSO. They’re really just their each little private office that you will not ever have the opportunity to buy into. The contract may be similar, but the patient flow, management, and support staff will be different. Make sure you’re not walking into a bad situation whichever route you go.