NJ to NY (reciprocity to avoid GPR)

Started by kashyranz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kashyranz

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know if it is possible to work in NJ for X amount of years and gain licensing in New York state? I read once that a GPR is mandatory for practice in New York state regardless of how many years you have worked in another state. Elsewhere I read you can work in NJ for 2 years and can choose to practice in NY without having to do the GPR. Was wondering if anybody had any experience with this transition?
 
1601608407800.png


 
Does this rule still stand? In other words, as long as I have been practicing dentistry for 2 years I can practice in NY, even if I did not do a GPR/AEGD