NJ Transit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caristra

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have advice about getting to NJ from NY? I usually drive whenever I am visiting there, but I don't think I want to worry about a car on interview day/ may not be able to take the car for the whole day. How's the public transportation system?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have advice about getting to NJ from NY? I usually drive whenever I am visiting there, but I don't think I want to worry about a car on interview day/ may not be able to take the car for the whole day. How's the public transportation system?

It varies from crappy to decent... Depends on where you need to go. I've used NJ Transit a lot though, so if you want, PM me with the specifics of your travels and I'll see if I can help.

If you are traveling from NYC to Newark take the Path train. It is then a short cab ride from Newark Penn Station to NJMS. If you are going to New Brunswick (RWJ) take New Jersey Transit.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are traveling from NYC to Newark take the Path train. It is then a short cab ride from Newark Penn Station to NJMS. If you are going to New Brunswick (RWJ) take New Jersey Transit.

Agreed; RWJ is within walking distance from the New Brunswick stop. The Path would be more reliable for Newark.