NM job market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandy0477

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am an FMG and recently been offered a interview in neuclear medicine. I have low board scores and hence have been applying to everything as my chances with other specialities are minimal.

Looking at this forum everyone is saying to stay away from NM and is kind of freaking me out. Can someone give a honest answer/reality check on how the job market is if I do only NM. Please do not give exaggerated answers. I do not have the desire to pursue another residency after NM. Also I do not want to practice as a PCP after NM. Any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

The other threads, although some 5+ years old, hold true. Very poor job prospects for NM only. Only hope would likely be academics. If you pursue, try to get heavily involved in research to help your chances.

Sorry you're in the situation you're in.

upload_2018-4-9_21-31-16.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The other threads, although some 5+ years old, hold true. Very poor job prospects for NM only. Only hope would likely be academics. If you pursue, try to get heavily involved in research to help your chances.

Agree.
Especially with PET-CT, most places prefer to hire a radiologist.

Reactions: 1 users
Job market is improving!!! Please understand that in nuclear medicine, there are many jobs that aren't posted online.

Reactions: 1 user