No cases in West Virginia ?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Med Director New England

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is that possible at this point. Folks don’t ever leave or enter the state?

This thing is in remote areas of Africa now. Maybe the MDs in WV aren’t looking really hard (translation: not testing).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just reported a case - delay was lack of testing. It's in all 50 states now
Wow, thx for posting

Just read the link....don’t want to hate on hill-billies / Appalachia but Come on Man. The nurse probably got it from a patient who was having respiratory issues, negative for flu but for some reason not Covid tested. Wonder how many other patients that RN passed the virus too before she was diagnosed

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The nurses at my institution aren’t wearing masks (inpatient or for procedures) for who they consider low risk. One patient was coughing and nurses who were nearby were just breathing it in.

How is that possible at this point. Folks don’t ever leave or enter the state?

This thing is in remote areas of Africa now. Maybe the MDs in WV aren’t looking really hard (translation: not testing).

The healthcare standard there is pretty low and as a state they significantly lack resources. It's also an impoverished area completely reliant on the coal industry with some of the lowest high school graduation rates in the country. So yeah.... "only one" coronavirus patient there.

I once went on an interview in WV where they bragged about having a new Taco Bell in town. Needless to say I did not land there. However, it is a beautiful state despite all the drawbacks.

The healthcare standard there is pretty low and as a state they significantly lack resources. It's also an impoverished area completely reliant on the coal industry with some of the lowest high school graduation rates in the country. So yeah.... "only one" coronavirus patient there.

I once went on an interview in WV where they bragged about having a new Taco Bell in town. Needless to say I did not land there. However, it is a beautiful state despite all the drawbacks.
Every state and nation has elements of beauty. It's the variability of the humans within those states and nations that gives me pause.

Reactions: 1 user
Beautiful state. Great place to practice and do outdoors activities.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree, West Virginia is one of the most beautiful states I have driven through.