Collections in dermatopathology - what's good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Squamous Eddie

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am Derm-trained, doing my DermPath fellowship currently. Looking to do a mix of Derm and path when I'm out. I've talked with some practices that have given me ranges of collections for the clinic side and the path side. The clinic side, I'm familiar with more or less a good collections, but have no clue really what's a good deal on the path side. One place offered 50% of collections with me reading about 175 cases a week, the other quoted 26% and unsure of their volume. What should I be looking for and negotiating? Thanks.
 
Don't take anything less than 50% of collections. Any less than that and you are getting fleeced.

There are better deals than 50% out there, but that likely depends on experience and geographic location.