no hard science?

rajrouje

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay so im my country high school lasts 4 years right but starting the second year you have to choose your major i studied science such as physics ..etc in first year but then i chose economy and i graduated with business degree in high school ( thats how it goes here ) i decided now to go med school do i have any chance at all knowing that i forgot most if not all of chemistry and such but if i study really hard can i pull this thing off its really my dream

Members don't see this ad.

are you attempting to attend a US MD school? have you ever gone to college/university or only high school?

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to go to a four-year college (preferably in the US if you want to go to a US med school) and complete the prereqs. At each part of school, your last part gets 'erased'--what you did/didn't not study in high school doesn't matter after about a year of college. Med schools do not care about and will not ask you to explain or document high school

are you attempting to attend a US MD school? have you ever gone to college/university or only high school?
yes i intend to go to NON us md school and yes i have spent a year in business college also

yes i intend to go to NON us md school and yes i have spent a year in business college also
unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what to tell you, I haven't a clue how hard it is to get into med school in your country or how much you need a recent knowledge of chemistry !

unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what to tell you, I haven't a clue how hard it is to get into med school in your country or how much you need a recent knowledge of chemistry !
okay so here is the deal im going to a private university in europe so admission is almost 100% guarantee im just asking its my dream and all and if i study can i really pull this thing off and compensate for lost years of science ?

okay so here is the deal im going to a private university in europe so admission is almost 100% guarantee im just asking its my dream and all and if i study can i really pull this thing off and compensate for lost years of science ?

I've heard something along the lines that you cover biochem in 2 days in med school, at least in the US. If Europe med schools are anything similar then that will probably be what you have to do. Only you know if you can do that

Did you take AP classes in HS or whatever the Europe equivalent is? Chem and Physics are basically the same as the one you take in college, bio is slightly different, and orgo and biochem are the only completely new subjects. So if you did, the gap in knowledge you have will be less significant

This is a website for US pre-medical students and US physicians. Our knowledge pretty much stops there.

altho unless 100% guarantee means something else in european, that sounds promising.
tumblr_ooa7m41vyi1r21medo1_500.gif

This is a website for US pre-medical students and US physicians. Our knowledge pretty much stops there.

altho unless 100% guarantee means something else in european, that sounds promising.
tumblr_ooa7m41vyi1r21medo1_500.gif
well thank you stranger as i said i only asked in general and yes its 100 % guarantee so i think im just gonna believe in myself and just dooooo itttt

adding european premed advisor to my CV tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user