No interviews yet?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayko41011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Getting a little worried. I applied to 9 schools, and have only heard from one that was a 'no interview'. The others have let me know that they have received my application, but haven't heard anything else. I am freakin out! :scared:

Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Getting a little worried. I applied to 9 schools, and have only heard from one that was a 'no interview'. The others have let me know that they have received my application, but haven't heard anything else. I am freakin out! :scared:

Anyone else in the same boat?

When did you apply?

Submitted my application 7/27/11 and all my info was mailed 8/12/11

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my application 7/27/11 and all my info was mailed 8/12/11

Hmm.. That was mailed a while ago.
People with September mailing dates have already gotten interviews.

You can call the schools up individually and inquire about your status.

Hmm.. That was mailed a while ago.
People with September mailing dates have already gotten interviews.

You can call the schools up individually and inquire about your status.

I just might have to do that. I figured I would have at least a couple by now. My stats aren't all THAT low. lol

I just might have to do that. I figured I would have at least a couple by now. My stats aren't all THAT low. lol

I would love to hear what kinds of replies you get, seriously. I only attempted to contact Columbia and Western. Columbia seems to have ignored my e-mail, while Western gave me a "your application is just waiting on a final decision".

I'm not exactly in the same boat as you. However, I've begun accepting internally that this cycle might already be a wash for me, and that's depressing a little (trying not to freak out); really expected interviews from quite a few places that didn't give me more than the "under review" status.

I hope you come back with some good news soon.

I would love to hear what kinds of replies you get, seriously. I only attempted to contact Columbia and Western. Columbia seems to have ignored my e-mail, while Western gave me a "your application is just waiting on a final decision".

I'm not exactly in the same boat as you. However, I've begun accepting internally that this cycle might already be a wash for me, and that's depressing a little (trying not to freak out); really expected interviews from quite a few places that didn't give me more than the "under review" status.

I hope you come back with some good news soon.

So confused on how you do not have any interviews yet...

Edit: nevermind this post was misleading and you do have interviews..

So confused on how you do not have any interviews yet...

Edit: nevermind this post was misleading and you do have interviews..

I specifically said I wasn't in the same boat; not to mention I have a predents link. I did not intend to mislead or confuse.

I posted a reply because I'm feeling a bit freaked out and defeated, and felt like commiserating; also specifically in regard to the whole "contacting schools" thing.

Edit: Looking at your predents, I'd imagine you might have some similar feeling? (not a judgement)

I specifically said I wasn't in the same boat; not to mention I have a predents link. I did not intend to mislead or confuse.

I posted a reply because I'm feeling a bit freaked out and defeated, and felt like commiserating; also specifically in regard to the whole "contacting schools" thing.

I know its my fault I was just skimming haha.
I've only had a single interview as well but considering my low stats I consider myself lucky.

It'd be great if I had a couple more after December though :(

I have the same mailing date (8/12). 2 interviews outta 30. this cycle is a waste of time and money for me. Apply June 1st next cycle for better results.

Wait... is it legitimate to worry about not having any interviews pre-december?

I was under the impression that that just meant you weren't one of those uber-competitive students that D-schools know they want instantly. Aren't chances still pretty good post-december?

I think its legitimate to worry all the way up until a cycle is over. However, it's not the end of the world if you don't land a pre-dec interview.

There's no formula for any of this. As you can see clearly able candidates get passed over by schools you'd expect to yearn for their attendance while people with decidedly average to below average stats can rack up 5+ interviews easily. Just goes to show that the traditional way of dissecting all of this doesn't work. All people can do is cross their fingers and hope. :oops: