No longer allowed to enter Northwestern site?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fmcats

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my secondary and letters of rec on time, and went to log on to the Feinberg secondary page to check my status, and it won't let me log on to the site - anyone else experience this, or know why?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my secondary and letters of rec on time, and went to log on to the Feinberg secondary page to check my status, and it won't let me log on to the site - anyone else experience this, or know why?

They really need to overhaul their status page. It's been problematic like this for several years.

It's weird though, the Northwestern page actually reads "Sorry, you are no longer approved to enter this site." Will someone check to see if this happens when they try to log in too?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's weird though, the Northwestern page actually reads "Sorry, you are no longer approved to enter this site." Will someone check to see if this happens when they try to log in too?

I got in. Still under review. Give it a day or two.

that randomly happens to me as well, but then later it works. don't freak--it has nothing to do with your applicant status.

that randomly happens to me as well, but then later it works. don't freak--it has nothing to do with your applicant status.

I thought that NU has had issues in the past where people who couldn't sign in eventually got rejected. It was sort of NU's way of rejecting people. I don't want to be alarmist but does anyone else remember that happening to people last year?

maybe if you can't sign in forever, but if it's just for 10 minutes then it's probably a computer glitch. anyway i wasn't around before so idunno, but i had that problem before i was even complete so i'm pretty sure it wasn't status-related.

and i'm pretty neurotic, so if i'm not freaking out... ;)

I thought that NU has had issues in the past where people who couldn't sign in eventually got rejected. It was sort of NU's way of rejecting people. I don't want to be alarmist but does anyone else remember that happening to people last year?

Yes, this has happened in the past, but it's also happened randomly many times. Again, their status page has a reputation for being glitchy, so it's difficult to trust anything it does or says.